False positives on drug tests

Stan42

I'm on medication that results in a false positive for meth in urine drug tests. How do I stay out of jail?

I've already been there. Even though I had the prescription, the doctor's number, and the hospital's number. The moment the police thought I was on meth they wouldn't even hear me out. Any advice?

Get a good lawyer and tell him all about it first. Give him copies of the doctorsdescription as well...

Also take a good travelinsurance with free lawyerservice in case needed.

Or just go to the police and tell them about this...do what they advice you.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

1. Stay out of situations that lead you to undergo a drug test.

2. Carry with you a doctor's letter stating the med you are on.

I did. They only read and checked it at the police station after an hour or so.

Also, in most cases, they're road blocks.

I have the same issue. Doesn't show up for meth but for cocaine or heroin. 

I always carry my prescription in my wallet. Never had to pee in the cup after I presented my letter and refused to exit my car. 

Wouldn't recommend it unless you have a yapping thai wife on the passengers seat, that'll do the talking and arguing.. and a few baht when handing over the letter helps too. 

4 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

I have the same issue. Doesn't show up for meth but for cocaine or heroin. 

I always carry my prescription in my wallet. Never had to pee in the cup after I presented my letter and refused to exit my car. 

Wouldn't recommend it unless you have a yapping thai wife on the passengers seat, that'll do the talking and arguing.. and a few baht when handing over the letter helps too. 

Good idea, thanks. I think the next time I have an appointment I'll get him to write an explanation in Thai and have it signed by him and stamped by the hospital. The prescription alone doesn't help much since it's all in English.

Archived