Bitcoin and other crypto currencies.

I'm torn between selling off and seeing what happens if the hard fork occurs, or hanging in with them.

I see claims daily indicating a hard fork (without the Satoshi 75%) as early as this week   as well  as claims daily contra indicating.

I'll keep this initial post short in case there's no interest in BTC here.

EDIT - I see a post now right under this one asking about Thai BTC exchanges.

Apparently there's no way to delete a new thread, even if no one has responded yet?

If I could, I'd put my comments into that post and delete this.

Edited by JimmyJ

1 hour ago, Halfaboy said:

Could you please explain briefly about 'the hard fork'?

Thanks....

There's a powerful group led by Roger Ver that want to make changes to the BTC system (the blockchain) necessitating changing the coding so that it won't be backwards compatible.

Thus if they initiate this there will be a "classic" BTC blockchain and a BU (Bitcoin Unlimited) blockchain.

There will then be 2 versions of Bitcoins (or the original Bitcoin, and the new coin will be considered an Altcoin).

I caught up on this by watching these 2 (long) videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdyIJ-BUPaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JarEszFY1WY

Roger Ver is a very bright guy , as is Johnny from the opposing SegWit group who's in the 2nd video.

A shorter way to get a sense of the 2 sides is to go to:

reddit.com/r/bitcoin   = the group that is opposed to a hard fork

reddit.com/r/btc         = the Roger Ver/hardfork group

Edited by JimmyJ

• 4 weeks later...

The misinformation in this thread is astounding.... Some of you people commenting have a wealth  of no idea yet feel compelled to post misleading comments anyway for why?? 

To set the record straight, the implementation Roger ver favours is the same implementation in place now, the only difference would be the maximum block size would be allowed to scale larger than 1mb to allow more transactions /users on the network... 

And bitcoin has absolutely nothing to do with the onecoin ponzi scam so whoever posted that is being deliberately misleading or just dumb as a rock, take your pick... 

Thread /

December 2014 I bought 4000$ worth of Bitcoin.

Six months later it was worth 900$. :sleepy:

Now it's worth something like 5000$.

I didn't do it to make 1000$ in 3 years. For me it's more like gamble. There's like 0,00001% chance that some country will got bancrupt (like Cyprus). Or there will be some huge war. And some country/economy will switch to this decentralized currency. And then I will buy half of Thailand only for myself. :ph34r: