Help Required

NamH2O

Hi just wired new house using safe t cut CSR8E with RCBO,wired in 3 radial circuits and outlet sockets wired and fitted and udable,wiring for shower water pump wired up to 32 amp dp Isolator no mump or shower fitted as yet lighting wiring finished and all drops end taped up ready for when light fitting purchased ground spike 1.8 met fitted and connected,steel work on roof bonded back to consuner unit.Consumer unit and all circuit breakers Isolated,but the meter is showing a daly useage of 4 to 5 units?when I look ate the meter the green neon which is lit means tamper or theft see photos,also the pulse signal indicator blinks about every 10 secons.Is my work at fault or is the meter faulty ????

Any help please.

Regards

Nam

1490929608564.jpg

1490929614408.jpg

Do you have any loads connected? Using 5 units in 24 hours is about 200W, fridge perhaps?

If you really have no loads then there's a problem either with the meter or someone has tapped into your supply.

Call your supply authority.

Evidently power is going somewhere.

If you actually pull the tails from your CU and tape the ends (so only the cable is connected to the meter) does it still read usage?

Is the cable from the meter to the house underground or aerial?

Hi,the cables are aerial,no isolation between meter and cu.The meter is on pole in street then meter tails about 60 meters to cu in house,Dont want to work live inside cu not much room,and we are back in thailand now for a few months.May have to ask Electric Co to I solate meter from cu and get family to monitor meter,see if it still going up.

Regarsds

Nam

I dont know about government take,her mothers house has a dial meter and the charge per kw used  is 0-25 =348 kip. 26-150 414kip.151-upwards 799kip +4200 kip meter rental all + 10% tax.I cant comment as I have not seen a bill for a digital meter,but I was presuming it would be the same billing method,but I know one should never presume anything.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, Wirejerker said:

If u put in a MEN and have your polarity wrong those units are going into the earth spike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's why I wanted him to pull the tails at the CU.

Hi,No Multiple Earth Neutral used on installation.Just Live & Neutral to main switch in consumer unit,all lives to live on circuit breakers,all neutrals to neutral bar,all earths to earth bar,including bonding from roof steel work,and earth bar to ground spike.I will try get family to remove earth wire from roof steel bonding and ground spike,see if this makes a differance.

Thank You

26 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

Hi,No Multiple Earth Neutral used on installation.Just Live & Neutral to main switch in consumer unit,all lives to live on circuit breakers,all neutrals to neutral bar,all earths to earth bar,including bonding from roof steel work,and earth bar to ground spike.I will try get family to remove earth wire from roof steel bonding and ground spike,see if this makes a differance.

Thank You

I don't think there is any need to go ballistic here.  If your only worry is the meter spinning when there should be nothing, remove the cables from the meter out and see what happens then.  You, or somebody, can check for faults with a DMM with nothing live coming in.  Just need to know how.

Yes have checked voltage,with main isolator and all c/b off. 230 volts incoming live to earth, 0•308 volts neutral to earth.Main switch in off position,out going tails to live to neutral 0•032 volts.

Thanks

You are rapidly running out of options here.

I would contact the supply authority to pull the outgoing tails from the meter (since there appears to be a seal) and see if it stops. If it doesn't ask them why.

It's still possible it is a well hidden tap off, they're not always obvious.

Local sparks removed tails from c/u,meter still going up,so it looks like faulty meter,she is contacting the electric company tomorrow,re change of meter and check if anyone piggybacking on the supply.

Thanks Again for your help.

Nam

Yes this is the second meter,both seem to have the same fault,I know they changed it the first time as I took photo of serial number,and second meter had different number.Hope its 3rd time lucky,but will leave c/u tails out till we go to the house next month,family will monitor for us.

Thanks Again For All Help And Advice

Nam

• 2 months later...

Hi all,eventually got this sorted both previous meters were faulty. New meter fitted (3rd time lucky),and all working ok now.But trying to get the money back from previouse overpayment due to faulty meters seems impossible in Laos.When we asked for refund as previouse meters were faulty the reply was can't have refund once bill has been made out,have to pay no refund.Seems to be so many people involved here in Laos to get a meter fitted,all taking there cut.

Thanks to all for your help

Nam