Last drinks at Cheap Charlie's..., how was it ?

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

big crowd.  lots of memories.  all the good bars are slowly closing ...  is Beer garden still going ?

Closing apparently in around 6 weeks........:sad:

Bangkok is changing. Most of the great places to go have either closed or relocated farther from the central city.  The land prices are just too high and as the rents go up- the market will not bear the increased cost to the customer.  If the government is serious about the new excise tax on alcohol going up 20-30% on retail expect many more to close-including Nana Plaza and Cowboy.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Closing apparently in around 6 weeks........:sad:

I spoke with the manager of the beer garden a couple of days ago and he didn't even know when it was going to close.

I did notice that many of the waitresses that use to be there we're gone and a security guard was serving drinks.

I saw one waitress during the day.

Many of the Ladies looked very sad with no customers and not sure where to go after closing.

I believe it will be a closing sooner than later especially when most of the other buildings that are close on the Soi are currently being torn down.

I give it another week as the ladies will stop going with no to little business.  Many have already gone home. Customers will stop going after looking down the Soi and seeing demolished buildings resembling missile strikes.

A friend told me the bar area was very crowded and many beautiful women.

He was with a date and he said he couldn't keep his eyes off all the ladies and his lady friend got really upset with him.

Does anyone know where the bar will end up?

Hopefully, there will be a cheap Charlie's Two, or the bar and knickknacks will end up in a historical museum. 

I wonder if they will dig up the monkey that was buried under the bar many years ago? 

26 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

So, I've learned there was a bar called Cheap Charlie's full of knickknacks and a monkey buried under the bar.  Sounds like a waiting area for mental issues.

Now, let's talk about the real Thailand. ?

And your version of the real Thailand is.......................................??

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

So, I've learned there was a bar called Cheap Charlie's full of knickknacks and a monkey buried under the bar.  Sounds like a waiting area for mental issues.

Now, let's talk about the real Thailand. ?

Cheap Charlies was real Bangkok.

Can't say it was a place I'd go to drink but I did take a steady stream of visitors to see it on the way to somewhere more upmarket.

On 4/1/2017 at 4:26 PM, petermik said:

Great night.....I rang the bell three times in all.paying the bill next week :whistling: 

I offered him 10,000 baht for the Big Dick bench/table  no sale - hope he reopens somewhere.