Vietjet Air -- Reviews

ricklev

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, smotherb said:

I don't like ice in beer either, but the beer must be ice cold. I prefer Jack and soda and must have plenty of ice, not just one cube as so many Eurps seem to like --go figure. However, I am a Yank and we know the formula.

Oh dear. Just when I thought you were a rational member of the human race, you had to reveal your nationality.:sorry:

22 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Oh dear. Just when I thought you were a rational member of the human race, you had to reveal your nationality.:sorry:

You mean you are still under the impression people can be rational? Tsk, tsk. Stick around, pay attention, and you may learn something.

My niece and friends used it two weeks ago from CR to Phuket and said all good and so quick compared with Nok or Air Asia because direct. It's a very nice addition to our flts up here in CR in my opinion. 

Randell

• 4 months later...

I flew VietJet Bangkok-Hanoi and back a couple of years back. No problem at all. Friendly service, unbeatable prices, new planes, and right on time. Since they set up as Thai Vietjet, I've flown Chiang Mai to Bangkok numerous times. Never once late (give or take 10-15 minutes here or there). Just bought another CNX-BKK trip for next month for THB 1,800 ($55) RT. Two gripes: 1) they did retime a flight once but gave plenty of warning, and 2) their website is a bit clunky and not always up to scratch. But then, have you tried using Air Asia's lately, which no longer offers the option of booking RT tickets, only OW? And don't forget Thai Vietjet flies into BKK, not the DMK hellhole out in the sticks, which means a train link to Bangkok and plenty of connections.

59 minutes ago, neitmoj said:

I flew VietJet Bangkok-Hanoi and back a couple of years back. No problem at all. Friendly service, unbeatable prices, new planes, and right on time. Since they set up as Thai Vietjet, I've flown Chiang Mai to Bangkok numerous times. Never once late (give or take 10-15 minutes here or there). Just bought another CNX-BKK trip for next month for THB 1,800 ($55) RT. Two gripes: 1) they did retime a flight once but gave plenty of warning, and 2) their website is a bit clunky and not always up to scratch. But then, have you tried using Air Asia's lately, which no longer offers the option of booking RT tickets, only OW? And don't forget Thai Vietjet flies into BKK, not the DMK hellhole out in the sticks, which means a train link to Bangkok and plenty of connections.

You can book round trip tickets on the website, but it appears it has been modified and is tricky.  For the return date, it says "one way" but you can click on that and select the date.  They need to fix that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to fly by VietJet to Bangkok a couple of months ago. Always used AirAsia, Thai Airways and BKK Airways before. So I arrived to check-in counter 52 min before flight (because I spent 20 minutes a night before flight trying to checkin online and I didn't  find a way how to do it).

So guy on a counter just said that check-in time is finished and he can do nothing with it. I tried to ask him where I can see airlines rules and he answered of course - go to our website. The problem for me was I had important meeting in BKK that morning. But VietJet staff refused me to pass check-in 50 min before flight. So I came back home. And my plane still was at the boarding gate for 40 minutes more)

At the same time I always arrive at the airport 45-50 min before my flights to BKK by another airlines and I never had any problems with that for 8 years (my house just in 5 minutes from airport). So guys, just be careful with their check-in policy) and good luck.

On 4/4/2017 at 9:52 AM, tonywillo said:

Forget the personal reviews here the only logical assessment of an airline should be from airlineratings with a dot com. 

And the only logical consideration should be safety full stop. Would you put service before safety,,, I don't think so.

Unfortunately this airline has only 2 stars for safety. Good luck with and have a safe journey. 

The actual safety rating for VietJet on the website you mentioned is 6 out of 7, which is pretty good. The 2 star is a product rating, nothing to do with safety - https://www.airlineratings.com/ratings/vietjet-air/

I flew with them earlier this year BKK-CM and everything went fine. 

• 9 months later...
On 4/4/2017 at 8:17 AM, Pungdo said:

I flew with these turkeys to Saigon last October, never again, their online booking system messed up my name and after about 40 emails back and forth I ended up having to cancel the outbound ticket and re purchase at double the original flight cost, plus there was no credit for the original ticket, they then charged me to change the name on the return flight.

Just to top it all off, when I went to check in at Swampy they claimed I hadn't paid the extra fees, (which I had to pay with my credit card before they would make any changes) and hit me up for cash or they wouldn't let me on the flight.

They are now well and truly on my "Never Fly With Them Again" list

So a computer changed your name from the one you entered online?

you can have first middle or middle first, but you need both if that is how your passport is.  The Viets use, last, middle , middle, first...so it is made confusion.  Rejections may have been paybacks for international certifications.

Have flown with them at least half a dozen times in the last few months...CNX-BKK ...r/t  and no problems.Prefer Suwanna since its only about 20-25 minutes in a taxi to ( jump in at arrivals)the  Bann in Samut P..

On 4/3/2017 at 11:38 PM, Coloradosummer said:

I booked VietJet to enjoy the benefits of bikinis.  Ha.  Don't be fooled.

Bikinis only on select flights - whatever that means.

You'll be charged luggage fee for anything over 7 kilos so

either book another airline or travel light.  

Personally I will not fly Vietjet again.  

Good luck.

I always come there with a carry on back pack 7kg or less so I never pay extra fees.. I was able to book a flight from BKK -CM within 24 hrs for about $2000 bt....and was a nice flight...no problems...will use them again when I arrive in a few weeks at Swampy in BKK and dont have to deal with the 300+ chinese I fly over with from china at immigration.

I like that I can transfer at BKK -Swampy and fly up north and deal with PP control there...as I too think I am done with the train and hate the bus...one hour flight and I got it less than 30 USD......feels just like air asia if not better IMO..

And in thai heat and losing my bags once in the bahamas, I always travel light and its a 7kg pack and laptop..done

I never wait for luggage, i just grab a cheap tix and hop from plane to plane and take a break between flights! ?

Vietjet have a young fleet, good service and easy transit thru BKK to CNX when timing matches my International flights.  Otherwise, the 1 hour free shuttle to DMK is painless and AA or Nok fly almost hourly each day.

7 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

I always come there with a carry on back pack 7kg or less so I never pay extra fees.. I was able to book a flight from BKK -CM within 24 hrs for about $2000 bt....and was a nice flight...no problems...will use them again when I arrive in a few weeks at Swampy in BKK and dont have to deal with the 300+ chinese I fly over with from china at immigration.

I like that I can transfer at BKK -Swampy and fly up north and deal with PP control there...as I too think I am done with the train and hate the bus...one hour flight and I got it less than 30 USD......feels just like air asia if not better IMO..

And in thai heat and losing my bags once in the bahamas, I always travel light and its a 7kg pack and laptop..done

I never wait for luggage, i just grab a cheap tix and hop from plane to plane and take a break between flights! ?

I've been on about 20 vietjet flights BKK to HCMC and not once was my carryon bag checked for weight. I did once see a farlang at BKK asked to weigh his carryon bag and he wasn't too happy about it.

Cant complain about the fares...Next 90 day..visa run in Sept....so...

01/09/2018 Sat 16:10 CNX
Chiang Mai
17:30 BKK
BangKok - Suvarnabhumi
VZ107
1h 20m
255.00 THB

• 3 months later...

Unexpected baggage fee

We ordered these tickets ahead of time and there was no mention of a checked bag fee. When we arrived to the check in counter, we had to pay 1000.00 baht per bag! Not only were we inconvenienced by the fee but we also had to leave the long line and go up 2 stories, wait in another line to pay and then go down stairs and wait in line again to show our proof of purchase so they could release the boarding passes they had confiscated! Worst experience ever! We did not even receive any empathy from the attendant. I made sure to check my future flight plans to make sure we did not have any Viet Jet Air.com flights so I could cancel them and change to a different airline. I will NEVER fly with them again, NEVER!!

image.jpg

I found my one experience of Vietjet OK I can't remember if I paid for it but I got 25k luggage allowance and I was fortunately bang on the weight. The cabin staff were very friendly. My only complaint was that I found the seats a tad uncomfortable. But I would use them again

One thing to note is that VietAir has ATM kiosks at Swampy where you can get domestic boarding passes so you do not need to talk to a desk attendant... Right before the the railing to enter the queue lines you will see a pale blue ATM Kiosk - Have your flight info ready to enter and the kiosk will print a boarding pass

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to never fly with VietJet based mostly on an interview the CEO, Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao, gave to NHK.  I have been a pilot for over 30 years(Commerical and Flight Intstructor).  The CEO stated “a pilot can be trained in 2 years to fly because of technological advancementsin aviation”.  The last thing I want is to be a passenger on a Boeing 737 commanded by two new guys who are overly reliant on technology.   Airline Pilots earn their money when things go wrong.  Chesley Sullengberger had over 35 years of experience (military and airline) when he performed a dead stick landing in 2009 when a dual bird strike caused both engines to fail at 3000 feet.  HIs only option was to land in the Hudson River. Everyone on board survived.  This airline has grown rapidly in the last 5 years, maybe too fast.  

• 3 months later...

I am currently in the throes of trying to cancel a flight and ask for a refund as my partner has had a motorbike accident in Thailand (we are both from UK and staying in Thailand for 3 months as tourists).We were due to fly on 26.2.19 and return 7.3.19 from Chiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh City. 
He has suffered 5 broken ribs, fractured shoulder and punctured lung three weeks ago, hospitalised for 5 days and with several follow up consultant appointments ongoing two of them being 26.3.19 and the other 7.3.19 for more x ray and a consultation. 
I have sent all relevant documents over the last two weeks to Vietjat Air when it became apparent going to Vietnam for a week was impossible sending, medical statements, discharge papers, photographs of the injuries and X rays, and the last appointment as requested by the airline I asked the consultant for an 'unfit to fly' official document which he graciously produced stating that cabin pressure would be dangerous etc etc
I sent a copy to them and NOW they are requesting more documentation ie the hospital bills we have incurred (which of course I have because I have to send to the insuraners for our medical insurance to cover coats) but why would they need these ?
They also wanted to see marriage certificate to prove we are a couple, we have been together for 20 years and are not married, we are in our 50’s and we are not teenage backpackers (also we are on holiday in Thailand, why would we carry such a document with us) I sent both UK driving licences with the same address in the UK on it and this morning they replied that this wasn't proof 
Their customer service is atrocious they could have easily resold the seats over the last two weeks and gave us both a refund or at least refunded my partners seat without all this fuss. I even suggested they could issue a voucher code valid for 12 months that we could use in the future as we will return to Asia by the end of 2019 but this logical solution has been ignored
I also tried to say at the beginning that if we could fly, we would, and that we are both suck in an apartment 24/7 as we can't go anywhere as my partner is in recovery, not the best holiday we have had in Asia in the 15 years we have been travelling here
They have just added to the stress of the whole situation and really in the greater scheme of things it’s not an awful lot of money (as they are only looking at my partners booking not mine) and out of pure common decency and compassion never mind good customer relations they should be more professional. I will continue to try and get this resolved as now it is the principle of the situation

3 months ago I booked 2 tickets.bkk to Saigon. RT.

We checked in 2 hours early and walked to the furthers gate from passport control.

We were a little worried when we were the only ones waiting for the plane when an agent came running up and told us the gate had been changed to a gate half way back the way we came. We had 10 minutes to get there...I am disabled and walking that far at a fast pace is really painful. We made it in time.

On the return trip we were keep waiting in at the gate for 30 minutes before boarding a bus that took 10 minutes to get to where the plane was parked.

Then everyone had to wait...on the plane...for an hour while mechanics worked on the air conditioner.

Arrived back in bkk an hour and a half later than scheduled.

Cheap tickets....but we will not use that company again.

Archived