Cop "hero" praised after rescue of family from pick-up in Surat canal

webfact

Cop "hero" praised after rescue of family from pick-up in Surat canal

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

SURAT THANI: -- A humble cop from Surat Thani has been praised across social media after he was pictured diving into a canal to save a mother and her two daughters in a half submerged pick-up.

The accident happened as Bunchu Phrompetch, 46, was on her way home with her daughters aged 5 and 12 after shopping at the Chaiya branch of Lotus.

Bunchu, a maid at a local school, swerved to avoid a motorcycle and her Isuzu D-Max ended up on its side in the klong.

Constable Phayon Chuayyim,48, who was on duty 300 meters away got a radio call about the accident and rushed to the scene. He tore off his jacket and helped to get the three passengers out through a window.

All were safe and sound and though mum was slightly hurt she declined a trip to the hospital.

Phayon said it was all in a day's work. "I just thought what would I do if they were in my family", he said. "They were good too because they didn't make the situation worse by panicking.

"I was just glad everyone was safe".

Insurance arranged for the pick-up to be dragged out of the klong and taken for repair.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-04

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, oldsailor35 said:

Why did he "Tear his jacket off" when he could have just undone the buttons to take it off.

Why did he tear his jacket off??? Because its a lot faster.

In situations like that seconds matter.

Policeman does something good helping people, and you have to point that out!!!!

Archived