Non O/retired visa extension at Koh Samui immigration

I'm posting these visa questions here because they concern Koh Samui immigration.

My address reporting is due on 8th April and my current Non O/retired visa extension expires on 28th April.

1) Will I need to get a new visa extension before Songkran or is just before or on 28th April still fine, without any fine for late address reporting and without having to go to immigration twice, the first time just for address reporting? Unfortunately online address reporting still doesn't seem to work again...

2) Is a medical check from Koh Phangan (government) Hospital accepted by Koh Samui immigration?

Thanks!

You shall, to my knowledge, report your address April 8th (or pretty close, and closer than April 28th), to avoid fine for late address-reporting. 

Legally you shall be able to apply for a new 1-year extension, based on Retirement, 1 month before the old extension expire; however, Koh Samui Immigration normally only accept 1 week before, so one often end up with a 90-days address-report about a month or less before, applying for a new 1-year extension.

To my knowledge both government and private hospital health-checks are accepted, seen posters using government hospital in Nathon, and Samui International Hospital in Bo Phut (including myself). Samui Immigration seem to be one of few places a health-check is required for "Retirement-extension"...

There are other on-going threads about renewal of 1-year extension based on Retirment – with most answers and up-to-date posts – so perhaps it's better if a moderator can move this to the most recent tread, instead of starting yet another one..?

Archived