90 days report requirements ?

Not sure what you have.

If on a multiple entry non-o visa you have to leave the country every 90 days so no report needed.

If you are on an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement you obtained at immigration you would do 90 day reports. You can do them at the Patong office. You should need nothing more than a completed TM47 form ( TM47 Form Fillable.pdf ) and your passport.

Edited by ubonjoe
changed to correct form
  • Like 1

Note that the Patong office is notorious for rude woman there and charging money. The main office at Saipan Hin can get crowded but have a good numbering system upon entering (downstairs) and good copy office right next to downstairs entry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Isac Szwarc Brasil said:

Thanks Ubonjoe,

I have a non O -A visa , with multiply entries , valid until Dec 21,2017,enter Thailand Jan 22,2017 and immigration stamped it with a permit to stay until Jan 21,2018.What I need to do ?

Thanks again.

Isac

Your first report is due on April 21st. You can do it up to 15 days before the the report date or 7 days after including the report date in the count.

If you have not registered your address a Phuket immigration you will need to that done before you do the 90 day report. Unless they have changed they have a special form instead of the standard TM30 form.

After you are registered it would be the TM47 form and your passport I mentioned before to do the report.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your first report is due on April 21st. You can do it up to 15 days before the the report date or 7 days after including the report date in the count.

If you have not registered your address a Phuket immigration you will need to that done before you do the 90 day report. Unless they have changed they have a special form instead of the standard TM30 form.

After you are registered it would be the TM47 form and your passport I mentioned before to do the report.

Thank you Ubonjoe,very helpfull every time,thanks.

On 05/04/2017 at 6:47 PM, ubonjoe said:

Can I register my address and do  the 90 days report at the same day and both at the immigration office  ?? Thanks again.

8 minutes ago, Isac Szwarc Brasil said:

Can I register my address and do  the 90 days report at the same day and both at the immigration office  ?? Thanks again.

Yes you can do it on the same day at the main immigration office in Phuket.

• Like 1

Is this true?

I have a friend who has lived here full time for 3 years.  He owns a condo.

He claims that he has never done a 90 day check in.  He said because he owns a condo, it is not required.

Each year when his retirement visa is due, he said he easily renews it for another year and has never been questioned about not doing the 90 day.

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Is this true?

I have a friend who has lived here full time for 3 years.  He owns a condo.

He claims that he has never done a 90 day check in.  He said because he owns a condo, it is not required.

Each year when his retirement visa is due, he said he easily renews it for another year and has never been questioned about not doing the 90 day.

Not correct. He has just been lucky that he has not to of been fined 2000 baht.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, ubonjoe said:

Joe i have just received my 1st Retirement Extension last month, my 1st 90 day report is due on June 2017. Will i need to complete a TM47 when i head to the Sirindhorn immigration office ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Isan Farang said:

Joe i have just received my 1st Retirement Extension last month, my 1st 90 day report is due on June 2017. Will i need to complete a TM47 when i head to the Sirindhorn immigration office ? 

Yes you will need a completed TM47 form. As far as I know they still want one for every report. I have been mailing my reports for a while now but they wanted them before when I did them in person.

• Like 1

Luckily in Jomtien, once you are in the system all you need is your passport (with the "Receipt of Notification" paper they give you telling you when your next report date is). Hand over the passport, they scan the barcode on the "Receipt", click on the computer, print a new "Receipt" with the next report date and you're done ! Takes about a minute if there are no issues.

Used to be a lot more complicated. Forms, copies of bills, passport photos. Now, even if you have a new TM.6 (from a trip out of the country) and your report date is changed, it still only takes them barely a minute to process !

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Luckily in Jomtien, once you are in the system all you need is your passport (with the "Receipt of Notification" paper they give you telling you when your next report date is). Hand over the passport, they scan the barcode on the "Receipt", click on the computer, print a new "Receipt" with the next report date and you're done ! Takes about a minute if there are no issues.

Used to be a lot more complicated. Forms, copies of bills, passport photos. Now, even if you have a new TM.6 (from a trip out of the country) and your report date is changed, it still only takes them barely a minute to process !

KerryD, My next report date is next month. However I came back from a trip abroad on 25th March. So it sounds like I just turn up 90 days after the 25th March with my passport with the blue notification form and TM6 inside even though the report date on the notification form is wrong - no need to fill in a TM 47 form - very simple. Wow - can it possibly be this easy a process ? :)

Thanks for your help

Edited by dsfbrit

1 hour ago, dsfbrit said:

KerryD, My next report date is next month. However I came back from a trip abroad on 25th March. So it sounds like I just turn up 90 days after the 25th March with my passport with the blue notification form and TM6 inside even though the report date on the notification form is wrong - no need to fill in a TM 47 form - very simple. Wow - can it possibly be this easy a process ? :)

Thanks for your help

Should be. I was told ages ago that every time you leave/re-enter the country it "resets" the clock on the 90 day count.

(That's how it works at Jomtien at least.)

* "once you are in the system". (For those that may not have done a 90 day report before.)

I was due to report on 28 Jan but took a trip to Cambodia for a couple days in the first week of Jan. Worked out that 90 days after my return would be 8 April. Went in on the 7th, pointed out to the IO that I had a new TM.6 from the holiday. She scanned the bar code on the blue slip, printed a new notification and handed it all back to me (with a note that my Extension is due soon). Took about 1 minute. It is soooo much better now than it used to be.

I did get a chuckle though when I left Thailand in January. My old TM.6 was from when I last arrived in Dec 2014. The IO at Aranyaprathet saw the date on it and took my passport to her supervisor, whom I assume explained to her that I had a couple Retirement Extensions so it was OK. She came back, stamped me out and I was on my way. (I was a little nervous when she first went to her supervisor but I saw him flip through a couple pages of my passport then just handed it back to her and shake his head. I though the IOs at Aranyaprathet would be used to seeing all manner of foreigners with year long extensions that hadn't been out of the country in years. Maybe she was new.)

Which reminds me. Holey batcrap fatman ! That had to be the worst Immigration set up I've seen so far, anywhere ! I thought Poi Pet/Aranyaprathet would be the model of streamlined efficiency due to the number of people going through there everyday ! Will do what I can to never use that crossing again should I ever want to go back to Angkor in the future !

• 1 year later...

Hi Isac,

Below is a link to another option for online reporting.  It's a dedicated reporting mobile app that not only reports a single time but keeps track of the future reporting due dates and reports for you automatically.   You can set it up initially and as long as your passport, visa, and arrival card remain the same the app will submit the reports on schedule and once your report is approved will provide a link to download the official approval to keep with you.    
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app90dayreporter

• Like 1