Two Surin children run over by truck on their way to earn some pocket money

webfact

Two Surin children run over by truck on their way to earn some pocket money

4pm.jpg

Image: Manager

PRASAT: -- Two Surin boys were run over by a 18 wheel truck yesterday after their motorcycle overturned on a road where a pipe is being laid.

The friends - aged just 12 and 11 - were going to sell a fighting cock they had reared to get some pocket money in the school holidays.

They were going along the Ban Cheua Plerng to Ta Pang road in Prasat district of the north eastern Thai province, reported Manager.

The rider of the motorcycle, with sidecar attachment, lost control on a bend in the road. The road has a split level as a water pipe is being laid there.

The boys were thrown from their Suzuki Smash 110 bike directly into the path of a truck.

Theeradon Trongsoondee, 12, and Phansakorn Singtho, 11, were run over suffering multiple injuries and were pronounced dead at the scene.

Truck driver Jakrapong Kunrat, 31, said he had no chance of avoiding them though he tried to brake. He said in a state of shock that he was so sorry for the children.

Relatives arrived and told police that the boys raised farmyard chickens and fighting cocks to make some extra money.

They had put a fighting cock into a fertilizer sack and were on their way to sell it to a customer when the accident happened.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-05

WARNING! This video contains content that some viewers may find disturbing

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is utterly tragic and my condolences to the family. The driver of the truck must also be heartbroken over what happened.

Unfortunately, the use of motorbikes by kids in this country seems to be accepted as common practice, so these tragedies will continue, until the police finally start to enforce the law on age.

Sad but, blame the parents for allowing this tragedy to happen. under 15 year olds should not be driving bikes on the highways

Wish the police would do their jobs and ticket young riders on the roads,   than maybe it will change things

5 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Charge the parents with accessory to murder for letting kids that young use a motorbike. 

The only problem with that, is that there are another few million parents out there that do the same thing.

The law clearly says 15 years of age to use a motor bike, but we all see kids not even 10 years old on them, everywhere.

This is an issue for the cops AND the parents to deal with. Mum and dad will stop letting Junior do it when he gets fined every day.

Edited by darksidedog

19 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

The only problem with that, is that there are another few million parents out there that do the same thing.

The law clearly says 15 years of age to use a motor bike, but we all see kids not even 10 years old on them, everywhere.

This is an issue for the cops AND the parents to deal with. Mum and dad will stop letting Junior do it when he gets fined every day.

Yours is a good post but I can't bear to watch this stuff anymore.....nor can I fulminate against it any longer...I've had enough.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

Time for the police to get up off their ar..s and do their job.

Every day children are riding motorbikes and nobody stops them.Parents allow/even encourage children to ride motorbikes.

Parents are to blame, they have lost their children, no sympathy for them, jail the buggers for involuntary manslaughter.

Unfortunately sidecars in Thailand also tend to be very unstable and can get into a very bad speed wobble even when ridden by adults, let alone children.

I was very lucky several years ago on a main highway, when a small child and his little sister veered across the road in front of me. The front wheel was wobbling in a manner that could not be controlled by his little arms. I braked hard and narrowly missed him as he left the road and rolled over in the ditch. Fortunately they were both ok.

I know how the truck driver must feel.

The police need to stop turning a blind eye to this kind of thing. Go to any school first thing in the morning and just watch 2, 3 or even 4 children arriving on bike, operated by a child. 

RIP to the two poor kids.

interesting that in Thailand sidecars made by Royal Enfield or BMW for their motorcycles are illegal, but these rickety contraptions are allowed to operate on the pubic roads.

Convenience and/or making money seems to take precedence over safety.

RIP dear children, you were only doing what you were allowed to do.

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Sad but, blame the parents for allowing this tragedy to happen. under 15 year olds should not be driving bikes on the highways

Wish the police would do their jobs and ticket young riders on the roads,   than maybe it will change things

Sadly, that (kids on motorbikes or the police doing their job) is not going to happen anytime soon :sad:

RIP little kids.

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yours is a good post but I can't bear to watch this stuff anymore.....nor can I fulminate against it any longer...I've had enough.

I have had enough also.

Very sad, 2 young lives lost. I also feel for the truck driver, assuming that he was driving within the speed limit, this will haunt him for probably the rest of his life, I know it would me. RIP

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Charge the parents with accessory to murder for letting kids that young use a motorbike. 

Yeah, just what a pair of grieving parents needs. Do you have any empathy at all?

These aftermarket sidecars are illegal unless the modification is inspected and approved by the traffic office and the m/c re-registered as a combination and paying a higher rate of tax. Passengers are not permitted to ride in them,

That said, the BiB choose to apply the law selectively which means that there are hundreds of thousands of them on the road many with superstructure supporting meals on wheels.

1 hour ago, Familyaffairs said:

No helmets, underage so no driving license, imbecile parents to let the kids use their bike. Sorry for the truck driver and the kids, not for the parents.

Helmets are not required i understand. And what helmet would protect you from a truck running over your body? 

The boy in blue had no obvious head trauma.

So sad, actually.

2 hours ago, Familyaffairs said:

No helmets, underage so no driving license, imbecile parents to let the kids use their bike. Sorry for the truck driver and the kids, not for the parents.

At age 9 I was regularly driving the farm Massey Ferguson and the ute. What a shame I wasn't killed in a roll over or head on with a road train. Would've taught my evil parents a valuable lesson! <deleted>. (Will that get deleted?)

I grew up on a farm driving trucks and motorcycles when I was their age. That's just part of rural living. However, I didn't drive on busy roads. My parents would never have let me do it. Tragic accident all around. I do wonder how well the brakes worked on the truck. I have read way too many stories about brake failure in Thailand. RIP to the little boys and condolences to the family and yes, even the truck driver. He will have to live with this accident for the rest of his life.

1 minute ago, bkkgriz said:

I grew up on a farm driving trucks and motorcycles when I was their age. That's just part of rural living. However, I didn't drive on busy roads. My parents would never have let me do it. Tragic accident all around. I do wonder how well the brakes worked on the truck. I have read way too many stories about brake failure in Thailand. RIP to the little boys and condolences to the family and yes, even the truck driver. He will have to live with this accident for the rest of his life.

Yes mate, spot on. It's a bloody tragedy for the families, the heart goes out to them and the poor bugger driving the truck.