Trump unleashes military strikes against Assad airbase in Syria

webfact

Ivanka's alleged prodding (or not) is neither here nor there as the die was likely already cast.

Personally believe Putin was the mastermind and the goal was dual-purpose:

1) Abruptly change speculations about Trump/Putin ties & Russian election meddling
(many conservative press releases/ talking points propagating above spin)
2) Prop-up Trump's worst ever historical Presidential ratings
(Trump as a lame-duck POTUS would be less useful to Putin)

President Trump Job Approval current ratings:
(needing a FOX poll update which was previously at 43%)
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html#polls

3 counter summaries, 2 de-bunking and 1 claiming 'deep-state' (Obama/Clinton/Soros etc baiting)  false flags:

Conservative Michael Savage Turns on Trump, Says Syrian Gas Attack Was False Flag Operation
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-08/michael-savage-turns-trump-says-syrian-gas-attack-was-false-flag-operation

Syria Gas Attack ‘False Flag’ Accusations And Why They’re Totally Wrong
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/syria-gas-attack-false-flag_uk_58e5e0f6e4b06a4cb30f2fe1

Conspiracy claims that Syrian gas attack was 'false flag' are unproven
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/apr/07/unproven-online-theories-doubting-syrian-gas-attac/

Regardless, this dog n pony show didn't wag the Donald's ratings that much, thus another dangerous farce may be on tap soon (N Korea or ? stay tuned...)

Edited by sujoop

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

I note that the absurd contention that Trump's daughter put him up to it was given no oxygen here.....one post, then nothing.

Most of us, seem to have built a tolerance to some of the idiots, or have them on the ignore list.:smile:

My only thought was, that she has more guts than the previous administration.

10 minutes ago, beechguy said:
1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

I note that the absurd contention that Trump's daughter put him up to it was given no oxygen here.....one post, then nothing.

Most of us, seem to have built a tolerance to some of the idiots, or have them on the ignore list.:smile:

And why is it absurd exactly? It is published in the independent and sources for the information are published. Nothing to do with guts. Obama was stopped from retaliating by congress. Did Ivanka and Daddy go to congress?.....................ehm..................nope!

14 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Yes, if in fact she pushed for it, it was very brave of her to expose herself to such danger. If it ever is officially acknowledged that she supported the attack, she should be given a meddle of honor.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Whooooa! The world is turning upside down. Now Trumps biggest fan and a prime source of news for Trump, Alex Jones on INFOWAR is saying this:

REPORT: EVIDENCE MOUNTS THAT SYRIAN GAS ATTACK IS FALSE FLAG

I will not link to infowars, you can google, but the point is - what is going on now when Trumps biggest supporter is coming out with this?

58 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

So you want to issue punishment to Russia for taking certain actions but say that citing the same actions by the USA is a 'deflection'. Are  the lunatics running the asylum?

Before a major conflict breaks out can you send your message to Putin that this bombing is only over Syria and what the Russians are doing there and that it is nothing to do with anything else and whatever the US is doing anywhere else cannot be included in the thought process. That ought to reduce world tensions.  :coffee1:

This topic is about Syria.  Not Yemen.  Hope you understand that.  There are other topics here that cover Yemen.  And some that cover the entire Middle East. 

I don't see Russia bombing Yemen.  Only Syria.  You can research that for yourself.

21 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

This topic is about Syria.  Not Yemen.  Hope you understand that.  There are other topics here that cover Yemen.  And some that cover the entire Middle East. 

I don't see Russia bombing Yemen.  Only Syria.  You can research that for yourself.

No but the arbitrator of "justice" who claim the Russians are bombing innocent civilians are doing that themselves in Yemen. get it?

6 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

No but the arbitrator of "justice" who claim the Russians are bombing innocent civilians are doing that themselves in Yemen. get it?

The entire world community has proven Russians are bombing innocent civilians in Syria.  It's not a "claim".  Hope you know that.

Just now, craigt3365 said:

The entire world community has proven Russians are bombing innocent civilians in Syria.  It's not a "claim".  Hope you know that.

Agreed, the word should have been 'state'. Now the people that 'state' Russia are bombing innocent civilians (correct) are also engaged in exactly the same practice. See the problem?

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

That is the case in virtually every modern war no matter who is doing the bombing.  What makes it particularly salient in this case?

Edited by ilostmypassword

1 minute ago, Andaman Al said:

Agreed, the word should have been 'state'. Now the people that 'state' Russia are bombing innocent civilians (correct) are also engaged in exactly the same practice. See the problem?

The correct word is "proven".

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

That is the case in virtually every modern war no matter who is doing the bombing.  What makes it particularly salient in this case?

Considering the entire Western world is condemning Russian actions, maybe you can research that and find out why they are against it.  They've made their positions very clear.  I'm going with their opinions.

54 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

And why is it absurd exactly? It is published in the independent and sources for the information are published. Nothing to do with guts. Obama was stopped from retaliating by congress. Did Ivanka and Daddy go to congress?.....................ehm..................nope!

The absurdity is the people, that actually believe that she was a serious influence in the decision.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Considering the entire Western world is condemning Russian actions, maybe you can research that and find out why they are against it.  They've made their positions very clear.  I'm going with their opinions.

The entire Western world is condemning Russian bombing of civilians? I tried to find that on google. So far, no luck.

1 minute ago, beechguy said:

The absurdity is the people, that actually believe that she was a serious influence in the decision.

The absurdity is that she and Jared Kushner are actually in official positions of power and influence.  Haven't you hear that she is officially an employee of the White House and actually has an office there.

14 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

The entire Western world is condemning Russian bombing of civilians? I tried to find that on google. So far, no luck.

You didn't try hard.  Took 15 seconds to find this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/12/eu-russia-halt-airstrikes-syria-military-intervention

EU calls on Russia to halt airstrikes in Syria

Foreign ministers say Russian attacks are a gamechanger and call for protection of civilians to become an international priority

8 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

I just new it !!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ivanka-trump-donald-bomb-air-strikes-sir-kim-darroch-syria-chemical-attack-sarin-idlib-province-a7674951.html

Absolutely great. First steps to a war between super powers by the Daughter whose only experience is in copying other designers lines of shoes and clothes. Well done Trump voters, you have responsibility for this.

A simple google search indicates the "independent" is a left wing rag.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_left-wing_publications_in_the_United_Kingdom

What else could we expect?

Need more be said?

Edited by F4UCorsair

17 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

A simple google search indicates the "independent" is a left wing rag.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_left-wing_publications_in_the_United_Kingdom

What else could we expect?

Need more be said?

Yes more definitely needs to be said. Like the fact that the Independent was citing a Times of London article. Is that also on the list of left wing publications?

"In the message to ministers sent in the small hours of Thursday, Darroch also pointed to a tweet by Ivanka declaring she was “heartbroken and outraged by the images coming out of Syria following the atrocious chemical attack”.

Sources familiar with the diplomatic cable said that Ivanka’s concern was a “significant influence in the Oval Office”. Ministers were informed that it meant the administration’s reaction had been “stronger than expected”."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/first-shock-then-trumps-war-lz7d65w07

1 hour ago, beechguy said:

I would send your message of absurdity to the senior Diplomats that wrote the missive. The absurdity is that the POTUS has his daughter and son in law acting as advisors in the first place - THAT IS ABSURD!

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

The correct word is "proven".

Well substitute the word proven wherever you like in both cases. Your word scrabble does not deflect from the fact that the Judge is as guilty of the same offences as the criminal.

It's looking like Assad didn't get Trump's  message. So now, Trump has to walk away looking like a loser or send another and bigger message and get deeper into an unwinnable battle. Lose/lose scenario. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears Russian bosses haven't denied the sarin attack happened and, most telling, haven't denied that it was Syrian forces who delivered the toxins on civilians.

One would think the Russkies would at least come out and publicly condemn any poison attacks (regardless of how they happened).  Odd.

5 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears Russian bosses haven't denied the sarin attack happened and, most telling, haven't denied that it was Syrian forces who delivered the toxins on civilians.

One would think the Russkies would at least come out and publicly condemn any poison attacks (regardless of how they happened).  Odd.

They said it was a rebel chemical facility that was hit by an air strike releasing the gas.

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

They said it was a rebel chemical facility that was hit by an air strike releasing the gas.

And are we going to believe that, Coming from Assad's Russian buddies...............

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

that's a different question but I'm with Peter Ford and Ron Paul on this one

I might suggest thinking for yourself........ and not 'follow the leader' . but up to you (as Thai girls say)....

13 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

isn't it, ultimately, about a pipe?

It is not about an oil pipeline. That was deferred years ago. The opposing politics of all possible countries puts it into the too hard basket. But about pipelines. Israel has an oil and gas venture off its shores that is huge. Proven and easily accessed. It has offered to partly venture a pipeline to Italy or Greece in what would be the worlds deepest pipeline. Lots of interest shown and nowhere near as risky as piping oil through Islamist countries.