songkran has started !

dave2

7 hours ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

Not harmless? Maybe you can explain what harm comes from a splash of water.

Was anyone here ever young?Songkran hasn't even started and the killjoys have already had their say. 

Since you edited your post after my comment, I'll edit mine. Asssault! A splash of water is assault! Let me guess, you're a westerner, right?

You're funny, keep 'em comimg.

Edi

I was editing at the same time.

Yes i am from UK.

Have you had enough examples of why it is not harmless yet ?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

You probably think that they would have got guns and knives out and murdered you, but they would more likely have said "Ah, thanks for letting us know"

Yes of course i would think that!

Well if you want to know what i think you could have asked. I think it is lkely that Dave 2 would have got the 2 fingers and himself and his camera soaked. All of course which would be quite ok and harmless.

I do not want random d1ckh3ads roaming the streets outside of the official dates assaulting me.

Maybe the OP could print out a couple of the photos and make an offical complaint to the police? Even better if their guest house can be identified.

To all those numbnuts posting that it is OK and just a bit of water. Well, maybe they can let us know on whoch days it is OK to be soaked?

- Official days

- Official days plus one week either side.

- Official days plus one month either side.

- All the year

I do not mind people having fun, but it should be a matter of choice whether to get involved or not.

7 hours ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

Was anyone here ever young?Songkran hasn't even started and the killjoys have already had their say. 

Since you edited your post after my comment, I'll edit mine. Asssault! A splash of water is assault! Let me guess, you're a westerner, right?

Some of the water comes straight out the moat, where rats reside

This can cause harmful effects on people .

If you swallow rats piss, it can cause weils disease and that can kill you within three days .

Eye infections can also be caused with moat water .

Those high pressure guns can be painful , although thankfully, they are now banned

Yes, I was young once , I used to love having water fights in the play ground, but , Im grown up now

44 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I think you will note that I did not say that I personally would batter these retards. A few years back some dick managed to destroy my laptop several days before throwing water was supposed to start. Would I like to see the dick get a beating or arrested? Yes, I would. I am not stupid enough to attack anyone, local or foreigner here, as I am aware of the consequences. Doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy being a fly on the wall if it happened though.

Some people get carried away with the thrill of it all, but that doesn't mean they should show zero respect for anyone, especially when they are doing it at the wrong time.

Yes, much better to let others do the dirty work! :smile:

Believe me I do now how you feel! a few years back some clown drowned me at 11:00 am in the morning despite me saying no as I was carrying some important paperwork, only one thing stopped me opening a can of whoop arse on that boy and that was cowardice! he was a bloody monster, resembled a giant in a gorilla skin! If I had been 40 years younger I may well have had a go as I would have had the speed to run away! :saai:

18 hours ago, ianf said:

Is Songkran limited to just the Thursday-Saturday? Perhaps the City may not be so but how about the countryside?

If your going through a number of small villages the kids will be lined up roadside with big barrels just awaitin for you. 

You know?, you've gotta love all these know nothing idiots who blame everything on the Brits, by a couple of Photo's

Yes! they are asking for trouble by bringing son Kran forward 6 days, and yes! they probably deserve a warning from the  Gendarme's but it doesn't necessarily mean that the warning will have to be given in English. They could be Swedes, Norwegian,  Danes, Germans,any white European race.Even Swiss.

What makes you so sure they are Brits?

Intelligent answers only please, this is a family forum after all:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

You know?, you've gotta love all these know nothing idiots who blame everything on the Brits, by a couple of Photo's

Yes! they are asking for trouble by bringing son Kran forward 6 days, and yes! they probably deserve a warning from the  Gendarme's but it doesn't necessarily mean that the warning will have to be given in English. They could be Swedes, Norwegian,  Danes, Germans,any white European race.Even Swiss.

What makes you so sure they are Brits?

Intelligent answers only please, this is a family forum after all:thumbsup:

Good post Dave. If they have to go beyond Thai or English the interpretation part could be a real challenge. Yes lets not blame the Brits these are young kids that are at the age level we used to be at but can no longer remember. Well back to my chest label for Songkran. "Please do not shoot me I have a bad heart." or maybe "Please do not shoot me as I do not dry well have a hard time getting the wrinkles out"

58 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

I was editing at the same time.

Yes i am from UK.

Have you had enough examples of why it is not harmless yet ?

No.  It's always possible to imagine extreme scenarios, but in reality do you think any actual harm came from the actions of these premature fun-seekers? They may be guilty of jumping the gun (pun intended) but it's not enough for me to be having them beaten up. If you guys are  happy in your misery, in your seething anger, and quest for violence, good for you. So long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Good post Dave. If they have to go beyond Thai or English the interpretation part could be a real challenge. Yes lets not blame the Brits these are young kids that are at the age level we used to be at but can no longer remember. Well back to my chest label for Songkran. "Please do not shoot me I have a bad heart." or maybe "Please do not shoot me as I do not dry well have a hard time getting the wrinkles out"

He He, Or " officer! can you please direct me to the nearest 'happy zone' as i believe these places have been declared absolutely safe for tourists" :cheesy:

I must be getting grumpy in my old age, but I never have enjoyed this holiday. Almost got in a fight with 2 backpackers who soaked me 2 days before Songkran officially began several years ago. After that, I just decided to was best for me to get outta LOS at this time of year and let everybody have their "fun". Fly out on Wednesday morning but need to go down to Loi Kroh for money exchange on Monday afternoon and will be in avoidance mode.

3 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

He He, Or " officer! can you please direct me to the nearest 'happy zone' as i believe these places have been declared absolutely safe for tourists" :cheesy:

Quit pulling my leg Dave I have been looking for happy zones all my life. I have occasionally found them in the arms of a sweet young lass but over the years the harpie gene emerges and its time to move on always a few bucks lighter. 

Edited by elgordo38

7 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Quit pulling my leg Dave I have been looking for happy zones all my life. I have occasionally found them in the arms of a sweet young lass but over the years the harpie gene emerges and its time to move on always a few bucks lighter. 

Sorry mate, was you confusing happy with erogenous zones? I believe that Walking street caters for all searchers of both.

13 hours ago, dave2 said:

i showed the pics to a couple of thais tonight and they said yes they would be arrested

for doing this so early

but ive not seen the men in the pics tonight coz they are probably trying to get in some slappers knickers from birmingham in a bar somewhere ?

dave2

zoe in yellow bar 2 may 16 20160502_133836.jpg

...are they 'wet-spots' or shadows ?

13 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Sorry mate, was you confusing happy with erogenous zones? I believe that Walking street caters for all searchers of both.

The other one i like is (a bit off topic)

If you insist on smoking in my back yard, please refrain from stubbing your fag ends on the floor, as it gives the cockroaches cancer!.

9 hours ago, rogeroc said:

Regrettable they look like they are probably British as well. Something very offensive about coming to a foreign country and then trying to dictate the rules of a local festival. They should be ashamed.

I would have sworn they were Californians. 

David

rogeroc.

Sorry, but you are speaking absolute twaddle. How are you so sure that Brits try to dictate anything like that, at a festival or when they are on holiday, or living here.Where do you come from, that is so innocent of any previous crimes against other countries? Has your country ever participated in any wars? Had any strife to ensure the safety of its citizens? Please don't say you are French,. So where is it?  You are living in the past, and have read too many history books.

55 minutes ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

No.  It's always possible to imagine extreme scenarios, but in reality do you think any actual harm came from the actions of these premature fun-seekers? They may be guilty of jumping the gun (pun intended) but it's not enough for me to be having them beaten up. If you guys are  happy in your misery, in your seething anger, and quest for violence, good for you. So long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Absolutely correct Joe.

Do I think they should be beaten- no. However, if I was walking along in my business clothes and had my mobile and they squirted me with water I would be rightly pissed off. Since the festival had not even started- I would not have gotten plastic bags for my personal items. If they did this to me, I would give them a good tongue lashing and informed them how selfish and inconsiderate they are.

Songkran is fine for those who want to participate- it is the forcing of this on other people that do not want to participate that is wrong and needs to be stopped by the authorities.Normally, if one tells the Thais- please no- they will comply. It is the foreigners who refuse to comply.

12 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

rogeroc.

Sorry, but you are speaking absolute twaddle. How are you so sure that Brits try to dictate anything like that, at a festival or when they are on holiday, or living here.Where do you come from, that is so innocent of any previous crimes against other countries? Has your country ever participated in any wars? Had any strife to ensure the safety of its citizens? Please don't say you are French,. So where is it?  You are living in the past, and have read too many history books.

I think you will find that Dave 2 has confirmed from accents that they were British, i think i got that hint from him anyway before he confirmed. I am from the UK and am embarrassed by them.

9 hours ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

I'm not old but she deserves a kick right up her fat arse.  Spray the wrong person outside the festival timing, one of them is going to get a kicking.  If these harmless tossers get their back up, the local motorbike crew is going to teach them a lesson.    

They ought to use some of that advanced western intellect we are rumored to have.  Must be the Beer Beta Blockers in the way of common sense again.

Edited by 55Jay

2 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Do I think they should be beaten- no. However, if I was walking along in my business clothes and had my mobile and they squirted me with water I would be rightly pissed off. Since the festival had not even started- I would not have gotten plastic bags for my personal items. If they did this to me, I would give them a good tongue lashing and informed them how selfish and inconsiderate they are.

Songkran is fine for those who want to participate- it is the forcing of this on other people that do not want to participate that is wrong and needs to be stopped by the authorities.Normally, if one tells the Thais- please no- they will comply. It is the foreigners who refuse to comply.

A righteous post. I have seen this happen in many previous Songkrans.Especially in soi New plaza.There should be rules of engagement. That no person is targeted whom is on their way to work and dressed thus, and motor bike taxis carrying passengers.Of course, during the hight of the festival, its open warfare but then people who have to go to work and dress accordingly, should be aware of the consequence, and attempt to find other routes.