Cheap Apartments In Cm

cm das

I recently moved from Chiang Mai to Phayao but I'm finding myself coming back to CM often on the weekends. So I'm looking for a cheap room to rent on a monthly basis that'll save me money over guest houses & let me leave some clothes, etc. there. I know CM pretty well & know that there are hundreds of small dorm-type apartment buildings with cheap rooms, but rather than stopping by dozens of these places to check them out I was hoping someone here might know a specific place they could recommend. I'm looking to spend less that 2000 baht/month, don't need much besides a bed, a toilet & a (preferably hot) shower. And I don't want to be too far outside of town. Thanks.

I recently moved from Chiang Mai to Phayao but I'm finding myself coming back to CM often on the weekends. So I'm looking for a cheap room to rent on a monthly basis that'll save me money over guest houses & let me leave some clothes, etc. there. I know CM pretty well & know that there are hundreds of small dorm-type apartment buildings with cheap rooms, but rather than stopping by dozens of these places to check them out I was hoping someone here might know a specific place they could recommend. I'm looking to spend less that 2000 baht/month, don't need much besides a bed, a toilet & a (preferably hot) shower. And I don't want to be too far outside of town. Thanks.

I suggest (and I'm being serious) that if you asked any bar girl she would give you the exact information that you are seeking.

9 out of 10 of them live within close proximity to their place of work.

And the majority (of the rooms) would be in that price bracket.

Thanks for the suggestion JBG. It's not a bad idea, but I'm afraid my Thai gf wouldn't be too happy if I moved into a place populated by bar girls. And actually I prefer a quiet place myself so I'm looking to avoid both bar girls and students. Anyway, I should maybe have been more clear in my first post. I know where many cheap apartments are in CM - I lived there for 3 years. And I have Thai friends whom I'm asking for help too. But I figured I'd cast my net wider & check here to see if someone has experience with a SPECIFIC place that's particularly nice, comfortable, friendly, clean, etc & cheap too. I may just try going back to a place I used to live - Tarnthip Court near Siam TV. I had a big, comfortable room with (occasionally) hot shower for 2200 baht/month 2 years ago.

Edited by cm das