Pool Cleaner

ThaiPauly

• 1 month later...
How much are you paying? Because my pool cleaner is off on Sunday, so he might do it if the money is right...

Thanks Ajarn..but I need someone three days a week.

I still have one but we are not getting along too well becuase of the problems I have had with his company building my extension but I will not get rid of him unless I find someone else...but there again he may well "do a runner" after he has finished the job as there may be (well will kore than likely be ) follow up problems that he will not want to fix and could cost him far more than the 2,300 baht I pay him a month.

If this does indeed happen then I may well be in the market for somebody even one day a week if they can show me how to clean it and add chlorine etc for the restof the week.

I will let you know...and thanks for the reply Ajarn.

TP

• 1 month later...

I have a new swimming pool of about 150,000 liter in Chiang Mai and installed an Monarch ozone generator and Ionizer.

I am not sure if the contractor did a proper installation and if he uses the correct air pump to inject the Ozone to the water inlet.

1. Does anyone know how should it be installed?

2. What kind of auto chlorinates system is recommend to operate with this ozone generator and Ionizer.

Muly

That is quite a large domestic pool if indeed is for your private use. I would assume you have it in a hotel where there would also be an increased bathing load.

The owner of a pool this size would normally run to the slightly extra budget of fully automating the waterchemistry as much as possible which would appear to be what you have done. The question is whether the system (ozonator) is efficient enough for a pool of this size.

The overall quality of the water also depends on the efficiency of the filter(s) and the filter media used. Sand is no longer the choice material for professional systems. Other mineral products have up to 3,000 times the filtration peformance of silica sand. The level of filtration of the water (suspended solids) also contributes to determining the amount of required sterilisation.

The standard solution would be mechanical addition of liquid additives through timed peristaltic pumps. These chemicals would usually be chlorine, cyanuric acid stabiliser, algicide and either ph plus, or ph minus according to the acidity/alkalinity of the water supply.

The more modern solution and one that was installed recently in 1.2 million litre lido near Khon Kaen, is to use only salt-water chlorinators. The project in KK used six Zodiac heavy duty models.

There are many brands of sw chlorinators on the market now and all available in Thailand. A 25 gph unit costing about 26,000 baht would take the stress out of the daily maintenance of a 50,000 litre pool, (this is what I have done) and probably (according to the manufacturer's recommendations) two 35 gph units would be adequate for a 150,000 litre pool.

In view of the size of your pool, in order to be absolutely sure and to avoid any costly mistakes, you would probably be best advised to seek and pay for the advice of a second professional pool construction firm, or a water treatment company. The systems for maintaining the quality of swimming pool water are not unique to swimming pools. The same priciples and equipment is used across a broad spectrum of industrial water treatment, particularly in the food industry.

Do also surf the internet for more information using key words such as water treatment, swimming pool water, salt water chlorinator, ozonator, etc.

Chaichara