what is best & cheapest car rental website

pumpjack

i need to hire a car maybe in bkk or hau hin but i do not want to rent from somchai around the corner ( for obvious reasons )    so can anyone advise of best and cheapest rental company to use .   i was quoted 1000 baht a day for a small economy car ,      i think thats a bit excessive ?   especially when they advertised on thaivisa  at renting a small economy car at only $11  a day. 

also,  we are only 2 travelling around thailand , is it better to rent a deisel or a small petrol ?    which is more economical .

THANKS

PJ

I can recommend you Sixt in Bangkok and Avis in Hua Hin. Both have excellent service and can communicate in English with you. They have occasional promotions that are not advertised on their website, which I don't recommend for booking.
I booked both through their call centre.

I have good experience with Chic car rent. They are partly owned by Honda Thailand and they only use Honda cars. They have branches all over Thailand.

The good thing with them is you can bring the car one way without paying any extra fees if you rent for minimum 5 days.  

And they offer very good prices from 700 baht per day .  

http://www.chiccarrent.com/

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I have good experience with Chic car rent. They are partly owned by Honda Thailand and they only use Honda cars. They have branches all over Thailand.
The good thing with them is you can bring the car one way without paying any extra fees if you rent for minimum 5 days.  

Well, not so many branches [emoji6] They have 10, and of which three are within the greater Bangkok.

Sent from my P01MA using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

On 10/04/2017 at 8:10 PM, balo said:

cheapest im getting is 1200 bant per day for a small eco 1.2 honda brio.  

i call that a bit expensive than normal

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pumpjack said:

heapest im getting is 1200 bant per day

Must be because of the holiday season with Songkran and easter .   

I paid 800 baht not so long time ago. 

• 10 months later...

Post against forum rules has been removed.

12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method. Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain.

On 10.4.2017 at 1:52 PM, pumpjack said:

is it better to rent a deisel or a small petrol ?    which is more economical .

That's the easy part.

Diesel cars are very rare and unlikely found at car rentals.

Modern cars are usually fueled with E10 or E20 (10 or 20% ethanol).

Fuel prices are low at least compared to high taxing countries in Europe.

When looking at the price: have you considered the cost/type of insurance?

Standard 3rd party insurances can be laughably low.

I rented a car in Phuket last year on a German website which goes through a US company ("CarDelMar") with contract under German jurisdiction.

This way I made sure that the price included an appropriate 3rd party damage of 2 million Baht.

Car was actually provided by "National" at the airport.
A Honda Civic, 73 Euro for 3 days (about 2800 Baht).

That was in deep off-season (September).

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 10.4.2017 at 3:01 PM, canthai55 said:

Best and Cheapest ? No such thing. For the peace of mind of having real First Class insurance stick with the big names - Avis, Hertz, etc.

+1

And you can use a "broker site" from your home country to search, pay in your currency, proper insurance and a contract under your countries jurisdiction.

My rental went smooth, no surprises, 10000 Baht CC deposit returned in a few days.

Just noticed that the thread is almost a year old :biggrin:

Guess the thread starter had his car.

Edited by KhunBENQ