While Stuck In Bkk Traffic

GracelessFawn

I've been stuck in BKK traffic for a number of times and I get really annoyed when I am late for work or running late for an appointment. I normally cuss softly to myself, thump my fingers, shake my head, breath deeply, etc.

There are days when I am stuck in BKk traffic with a lot of times in my hand so I'm kinda chilled, start a conversation with the driver in broken Thai, call my friends, listen to my music, sit back and relax, etc.

This thread is about those who got stuck in traffic. Feel free to write anything about your feelings while stuck in the traffic, moods, thoughts, how late you were, where you were going, what you usually do, etc.

Please stick to the topic and let's keep this thread decent, but fun.

I used to work at the Shangrila Hotel and live in Bangkapi before the BTS - used to take me 4 hours to get home sometimes. Occasionally I'd walk, stopping at a few bars on the way - that took me several days sometimes!

I used to like being stuck in traffic as I could get time to read and play the Gameboy, and phone friends.

Think how lucky you are to be able to afford a car- not so pleasant on those little green buses.

I start driving around 6:45 am and get to my office in about 1 hour. The distance between my home and office is only 5 kms. I can't walk since I may need to leave the office more than once to visit customer sites.

I usually think about what I plan to do during the day. Other times, I think of family, friends, and relatives back home.

I start driving around 6:45 am and get to my office in about 1 hour. The distance between my home and office is only 5 kms. I can't walk since I may need to leave the office more than once to visit customer sites.

I usually think about what I plan to do during the day. Other times, I think of family, friends, and relatives back home.

You could leave your car at work and walk home, then walk in the next day...

You could leave your car at work and walk home, then walk in the next day...

That's true..I have already considered that..Only problem is all the sweat you end up wearing on your shirt while in office. Where I work, most people wear a yellow necktie..

But again, thanks for the suggestion..

I just mentally run thru my simplified solution to Fourier's fourth order differential equations. :D

Or if I'm tired of that I wonder why the lint in my belly button is always blue but I don't have a blue shirt. :D

frigging classic mate and ive just dropped a double darkie in my undies. :o:D :D

cheers

umm, urr, i think ive got an answer for this,

so bloody listen up you lot. :D

i like to drop a little lager fart in the taxi and then carry on like a 2 bob watch to the driver that it was'nt very nice that he farted in the taxi and i would like a little discount. :D:o

On a tennis forum, there was a discussion about what uses could be made of tennis ball containers once the balls have been used and tossed. The best suggestion was as a portable urinal for those caught on long drives or stuck in traffic. So for those tennis players in Bangkok, now you have a use for old ball cans and what to do when you are stuck in traffic and need to take a leak.

On a tennis forum, there was a discussion about what uses could be made of tennis ball containers once the balls have been used and tossed. The best suggestion was as a portable urinal for those caught on long drives or stuck in traffic. So for those tennis players in Bangkok, now you have a use for old ball cans and what to do when you are stuck in traffic and need to take a leak.

Very unkind Tangoll..The very Lovely GF would be in Dire Straights with your sugestion.. :o

Isnt it strange how Miss GF has the "most useless threads" but all her "useless threads" manage to extend to at least 4 pages. Hmm, can you make sense of it? :D :D

Have you further noticed that about 25% of the replies to those threads are "flames" and 25% are folks defending Miss Fawn from the flamers? I confess to attempting to roast GF myself once or twice, but the young lady has such a wonderfully even temperament and unerring good manners that I actually felt rather guilty about it afterwards.

Now she's turned me around completely, and I've gone from hater to Big Fan of Miss Fawn.

In fact, next time I drive down to the Big Smoke and find myself snarled in the inevitable traffic jam from h3ll, I shall amuse myself by imagining what Miss Fawn's favorite lovemaking positions are, whether she prefers dominant or submissive, and what sort of provocative attire she might don to further arouse her lovers' basic instincts.

Either that, or I'll pick my nose and make phone calls. :o

I've been stuck in BKK traffic for a number of times and I get really annoyed when I am late for work or running late for an appointment. I normally cuss softly to myself, thump my fingers, shake my head, breath deeply, etc.

There are days when I am stuck in BKk traffic with a lot of times in my hand so I'm kinda chilled, start a conversation with the driver in broken Thai, call my friends, listen to my music, sit back and relax, etc.

This thread is about those who got stuck in traffic. Feel free to write anything about your feelings while stuck in the traffic, moods, thoughts, how late you were, where you were going, what you usually do, etc.

Please stick to the topic and let's keep this thread decent, but fun.

Hi GF,

I think I share your frustration about traffic, but also about waiting in general. May I mention some of my thoughts about this?

I believe that my frustration caused by waiting in traffic, waiting in line, etc. is made more intense if I am late for an appointment. I would rather arrive early and then wait fifteen minutes at my destination, rather than wait fifteen minutes in a taxi worrying that I might be late for an appointment.

I do not like the feeling of being late. For me, it is a disturbance which reduces my enjoyment of my life (during the time I am worrying being late).

However, I don't like to waste time either in a taxi or at my destination. So, I make a serious effort to be early, but carry something to read or study with me. If I am early then I have a higher likelyhood of being relaxed so I can do something meaningful with the waiting time.

If I am making a short walking trip, then I can more accurately predict how long the trip will take and I won't have allow extra time for unpredictable delays. If I am making a longer trip by taxi during rush hour, then I must allow much more extra time, and bring something to work on or read that will occupy me. In this case, I will be more relaxed in the taxi or at my destination, and will be more likely to concentrate and enjoy what I am doing.

-q