Tourist police and drug suppression checking driver's urine at Pattaya bus station as Songkran exodus begins

webfact

Tourist police and drug suppression checking driver's urine at Pattaya bus station as Songkran exodus begins

5pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- Tourist police in conjunction with drugs suppression officers descended on the Rung Ruang Tour bus station in North Pattaya yesterday.

Drivers licences and histories were checked and urine samples were taken of drivers, some passengers and suspicious looking people, reported Siamchon News.

Piyapong Ensarn of Pattaya tourist police said it was all part of the service to protect Thai and foreign tourists during the holidays.

His men answered some tourists' questions and reassured them of their safety.

Siamchon News did not say if anything untoward was found.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-12

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

Drivers licences and histories were checked and urine samples were taken of drivers, some passengers and suspicious looking people,

If this was done on a regular basis, regardless of whether it was Songkran or not, maybe, just maybe, the carnage on the roads would diminish ?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Piyapong Ensarn of Pattaya tourist police said it was all part of the service to protect Thai and foreign tourists during the holidays.

Enjoy the service while it lasts 7 days you say? Then the policing returns to the old ways and the pee bottles shelved. Catch you next year same time. 

Edited by elgordo38

Well if your in a crowded bus station and your kidneys start to act up the logical answer would be to ask one of the cops for a pee container and give him a sample. Beats queuing up to go to the bathroom and paying 5 bahts for a couple sheets of toilet paper. Once inside your slipping and a sliding on the wet floor. Also pick pockets favor the close quarters in a wash room. As I tell my g/f a baht saved is a baht earned. 

Edited by elgordo38

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Well if your in a crowded bus station and your kidneys start to act up the logical answer would be to ask one of the cops for a pee container and give him a sample. Beats queuing up to go to the bathroom and paying 5 bahts for a couple sheets of toilet paper. Once inside your slipping and a sliding on the wet floor. Also pick pockets favor the close quarters in a wash room. As I tell my g/f a baht saved is a baht earned. 

Guessing here but you must have a small badder.....have you ever seen a sample bottle..Wally!

4 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Yep, accosting people and forcing them to piss in a bottle is a great idea.

Yeah.  this stopping of tourists and foreigners is bothersome to me.  I don't fly half way around the world to be accosted and searched.  Thailand just gets a bit more off every year. 

11 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yeah.  this stopping of tourists and foreigners is bothersome to me.  I don't fly half way around the world to be accosted and searched.  Thailand just gets a bit more off every year. 

Well, if you go to the US and look half way dodgy - non-white European - you'll be held for a few hours for questioning. I guess peeing in a bottle is easier than that. What worries me is the selectiveness of it all.  Who chooses the peeee. (hope that's spelt right. Maybe should be 'peeer'. Haha. Spell checks going crazy with these two) To my way of thinking, if they are checking the passenger it should be all of them and not just random ones. And ALL of the drivers should be checked EVERDAY. At the beginning and at the end of their shifts. But, as someone else has said here; this will only last a couple of days and then back to 'same, same'.