Woman left paralysed in Phuket motorbike accident

webfact

Woman left paralysed in Phuket motorbike accident

Eakkapop Thongtub

1492022099_5561-org.jpg

Kamlai Jantra, 52, lay motionless in the middle of the road, unable to move. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A 52-year-old woman was left paralysed at the scene of a motorbike collision that involved a 17-year-old youth in Chalong yesterday morning (April 12).

Chalong Police and rescue workers were called to the scene, on Chao Fa West Rd about 100 metres from Soi Bangrae, at 8:15am.

Officers arrived to find two motorbikes strewn across the road.

Local resident Kamlai Jantra, 52, lay motionless in the middle of the road, unable to move, reported Lt Col Sakkarin Sangjaroen of the Chalong Police.

“She injured her lower back and was unable to move. She couldn’t even move her right arm,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-left-paralysed-in-phuket-motorbike-accident-61772.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-13

3 hours ago, catman20 said:

yes but what do you expect these people have no clue about road sense,  driving or riding motor bike.

Please do not compare everybody with that comment.

My spinal chord was severed in a motorbike accident, no fault of mine.

It is a life changing injury, destroys your whole life.

I hope you never have to go through what i have gone through.

7 months in hospital, and now over 3 years later, agonizing pain every single day.

Think next time before you post crap.

I dont think he was trying to compare everybody. Just a few days ago it was reported and posted on thai visa that thailand is number one in the world for deaths and accidents on motorcycles. This is a sad fact. Every case is different of course. Someone is usually at fault and another is innocent, but collectively as a country, there are issues with driving safely on motorbikes. Songkran has crazy death tolls
There is a cultural reason for this. Its not a hapoy thought, but things need to change from a mindset about driving in this country

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The report says she pulled out from a side road. We all know what they means. She didn't look, because people rarely do, and was hit by someone coming along the main road. Tough for her, but you can't fix stupid. I really can't understand the mentality of these drivers who do that. Why would you not check whether something was going to hit you. Totally brainless.

I wouldn't want death or a serious injury for anyone, however, using this accident as an example, if someone had to have a spinal injury in this accident, then it should be the at fault party, and not the innocent road user.

How many times has the at fault party, who on many occasions on Phuket is heavily intoxicated, caused the death or serious injury to an innocent road user. 

Picture the other rider with the spinal injury, and this woman walks away after causing the accident.  There would be many more comments from members.

Sadly, at fault or not, this woman is just another casualty of Phuket roads, which are among the most dangerous in the world.

4 hours ago, pcliff069 said:

How on earth do you make that a fact. At best it is an opinion.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

well is what happened to her not a fact ? ask her, or the doctors,so  now go and  get a life your just nit picking,

Edited by catman20

19 hours ago, pcliff069 said:

Yes always good to blame the victim

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

Yes, sometimes it is the victims fault. Not sure if it is always good to blame the victim but sometimes it is their fault.