'Japan  tour scam' suspect denies fraud

webfact

2 hours ago, Ulic said:

Deny, deny, deny. Seems to me she has a future in politics. :tongue:

...Boss to follow is that right?   Isn't it amazing the speed in which the person was processed to appear before the law? 

This is another case of success and wealth at other peoples expenses ( victims in this case ) regardless of the ramifications and implications perpetrated by the low life con artist

There is absolutely no remorse to be found with people like this as they will always say it is just business and try to lie and claim the business failure is responsible and not themselves while 100 percent assured they will blame others and never allow themselves to be held accountable or responsible rather go into an even sleazier mode of operation and then attempt to (LIE)  and (BUY) their way out of this fiasco:   What is a fiasco?? : Something planned that goes wrong and is a complete failure

Meantime the higher ranking police officers are rubbing their hands together in anticipation while thinking about how much of the ill gotten gains can be diverted ( extorted ) to them.

I will be really surprised if the victims get any compensation or justice served but the thought of the Sleazy Con Artist held in a jail cell and all alone while each victim has permission to have a go at the low life for 5 minutes minimum  ....while a baseball bat will be on hand and  provided, if requested. 

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

19 hours ago, dcnx said:

He said it wasn't fraud, so that's that.

He might be right, if his intention was to use money from new sign ups to fund the trips but just didn't get enough new sign ups then it's just a failed business and not fraud. If such is the case then it'll be reduced to civil claims, if he used the appropriate LLC structures he can get away with it completely.

1 hour ago, uchibenkei said:

Nah.  When it comes to scamming people out of money, a vagina works better.

No it wasn't pussy in play, it was big balls to run such a big scam.

• 2 weeks later...

Cathay Pacific has package holidays to Japan.  Flights only are typically 10-12,000 Baht.  Flights+hotel around 30,000 and up.   9-13,000 Baht for 6 days?  Alarms bells should have been ringing.  Fools and their money are parted once again. 

I was reading in track back stories, there's even a FB page dedicated to tracking this Tom since 2014 after she did the same thing before.  TWICE! 

Under 13k is actually quite possible

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, tominbkk said:

9-13K for a six day trip to Japan?  If those people are really that dumb then maybe they deserved what they got.

If you don't mind a budget hotel/hostel, and book well in advance - It is actually possible to do for just under 13k with airsiago, and that includes taxes. So a group booking must also be possible

We all make mistakes, and I've made mine, but when caught, own up and be man enough about it. This drip doesn't have the b*lls to own up and make things right again. He's going to try wiggling his way out of it. 

I find that more despicable than the crime itself. 

On 4/13/2017 at 4:02 AM, webfact said:

‘Shogun’ claims innocence in alleged tour scam

ce8a0f3feb966b3a401d277f53b3f57f.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- A woman who is at the center of an alleged tour scam has maintained her innocence, saying she operated an online business, not a tour company.

Pasit Ariyalapit, who is known as Shogun, was speaking to reporters after being arrested in Ranong province and brought to Bangkok to face charges of fraud.

She insisted she had changed her name and surname 10 times in the belief that would bring her luck, not to avoid being prosecuted.

“I have run an online business and I brought customers to Osaka and Hong Kong as part of a promotional campaign,” she said. What happened at Suvarnabhumi Airport on April 12, was not her fault, but an uncontrollable situation, she said.

Hundreds of people were left stranded at the airport after discovering that no flights were booked for them. They claimed Pasit’s company lured them into paying between Bt9,000 to Bt20,000 for a trip to Japan. The price is relatively low compared to a normal ticket.

They said they were told they would go to Japan by chartered flight.

Pasit on Thursday claimed that her investor in Hong Kong had already booked the flight and had seat numbers for everyone. But she said she learned recently that the chartered flight had to be booked three or four months in advance.

She said that under the promotion, customers who bought a lot of her products were awarded an overseas trip. “The trip that was very popular was a free trip of 40 people in February to Osaka. They paid only Bt500 as an application fee.”

The February trip was successful and customers told their friends, which led to another trip of 200 people to Osaka.

She said the problem occurred at the airport on April 12 because customers invited too many people, making it difficult to check and control the number.

Asked about a possible refund, Pasit said they would be looking into compensation and disappointed customers would have to show evidence of their payment.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312218

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-13

If any of that first trip is true, which I doubt, it still sounds like a classic ponzi scheme.  You pay out initially (the first flight) then you get a whole bunch of new customers and then screw them

T.I (I'm not responsible! I deny all charges! Plus much much more) T

In a strange kind of way, call is sick if you like, it puts a smile on my face when I either hear or read about Thais knocking Thais, but in all honesty, those victims are still human beings and from what I can gather, are innocent and so deserve swift rightful justice.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

No airplane waiting.  Just 1?   She said the airline had assigned seat numbers for all the customers.   If CX was flying this charter, which they weren't because this is a totally fabricated scam.....  but had they been,  even an old 747-400.in max density charter config would only hold 660 of the 1,000 pax. This is a significant movement that doesn't slip through the cracks.

The only uncontrollable situation here is the Tom's greed and propensity for scamming people.  I don't doubt her comment that this was "caused" by customers who kept inviting guests.  Guests who's money the Tom was all to happy to take.  That's how you got 1,000 in Swampy, at the same time, all saying the same thing.