Is Jomptien immigration open everyday for Songkran?

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Might work out on the 18th with or without an overstay fine.

You have no other option than setting the alarm on the 18th and join the queue.

My GF called and they said no overstay,  my stamp runs out on the 15th, tomorrow, and I tried to go today.  So nothing I could do...I got confused about Songkran big day on 19 in Pattaya and big day 13 in other cities...

I thought that they would be closed on the 19th like other businesses, little did I know that the gov takes the whole country's schedules as a holliday!

Getting a 30 days extension from Cambodia, lady says it's fine, relieved, please confirm.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that this is happening to...

11 minutes ago, Satearn said:

Getting a 30 days extension from Cambodia, lady says it's fine, relieved, please confirm.

Not quite sure what you mean.

Doing a border run crossing to Cambodia and back will give you 30 days.

(for most nationals and without having a long in/out/visaa history)

You would have to travel tomorrow. Quite stressful.

11 minutes ago, Satearn said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that this is happening to...

True. Especially temporary visitors are often caught by surprise of the many holidays in Thailand.

Songkran most confusing as there is an official holiday period 13 to 15 but local events outside this period that have no effect on office closure.

6 minutes ago, sniffdog said:

Actually my travel agency who does my 90 day reports, says immigration opens on the 20th not on the 18th.

Maybe that is when they are starting to work again.

Immigration in Jomtien will be open on the 18th like all other immigration offices will be.

1 hour ago, Satearn said:

I can get 30 days extension from 30 day stamp in Cambodia, did it last month, can do it twice a year, and next month I go to Laos for tourist visa.

That is a new 30 day visa exempt entry not an extension. Extensions can only be applied for at a immigration office.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is a new 30 day visa exempt entry not an extension. Extensions can only be applied for at a immigration office.

Yes , Ubonjoe, I went to cambodia last month, and my 30 days runs out tomorow on April 15th.

So I go and extend 30 days at immigration on 18th no problem yes?

I called and lady even said I wont have to pay overstay, correct?

But extension no problem yes?

Thank you,

I'm very worried about this..

36 minutes ago, sniffdog said:

Actually my travel agency who does my 90 day reports, says immigration opens on the 20th not on the 18th.

YOur tavel agent is wrong, Ubonjoe is right! 18th immigration told me

So far, I have never read of a case of overstay being charged to a person who shows up to get an extension on the First Day Immigration is OPEN After their permission-of-stay expires on a day it is closed.

In one case, during high-season 2 years ago, I was directed by Immigration to come back on the day after my permission-to-stay expired (it expired on a Sunday) because they were busy when I came to do it on the Thursday before it expired. 

Edited by JackThompson

25 minutes ago, Satearn said:

Yes , Ubonjoe, I went to cambodia last month, and my 30 days runs out tomorow on April 15th.

Thank you,

Yes to every question.

You will not be fined if you go to immigration on the 18th. After the 18th you would be fined for every day of overstay.

50 minutes ago, Satearn said:

Thank you,

No problem but during that time best to avoid night discos or places your status maby checked by ordinary police..

Hi,

This is not directly related to the Jomtien immigration but got a similar question about Bangkok immigration office.

I wanted to get a 60 day extension on my 30 day visa exempt entry for the reason of visiting Thai wife.

Now i planned going on the 17th but seems they won't be open so I can go on the 18th but i need to be finished before the noon break because my wife has a flight to catch later that day and won't be back till the weekend and it seems it might be super crowded and not sure will I be finished before noon.

My permission to stay expires on the 23rd this month which is a Sunday. So reading the posts above since immigration is not open on the 23rd i could go for an extension on Monday the 24th without an overstay fine and should be able to extend without issues?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Jackie66 said:

My permission to stay expires on the 23rd this month which is a Sunday. So reading the posts above since immigration is not open on the 23rd i could go for an extension on Monday the 24th without an overstay fine and should be able to extend without issues?

You could do it on the 24th without a problem.

• Like 1

Yes, Tuesday the 18th will be a long tough day at the Jomtien Immigration office. 

But Wednesday the 19th is Songkran all over Pattaya, concentrating on Jomtien Beach. Even if the Immigration office turns out to be open, you'd only be able to get there in the early morning, and probably have a hard time getting back home. 

22 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

But Wednesday the 19th is Songkran all over Pattaya, concentrating on Jomtien Beach. Even if the Immigration office turns out to be open

What makes you think the would not be open? Do you think immigration offices can just close their doors anytime they want to?

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What makes you think the would not be open? Do you think immigration offices can just close their doors anytime they want to?

No one stated that it wouldn't be open,  just that it is going to be a be an experience to get there and back home with the water wars in full swing on the 19th

A point made in several of these threads about Immigration closings