Avgas @ Changmai Airport

smartecosse

Just a thought but try Lampoon Airport (Chiangmai Flying Club), Lanna Airfield and Nok Airfield they have 100LL in 55 gallon drums.

CNX has bulk storage and turn the fuel over at a faster rate than these other fields. Since they turn it over so fast you are pretty much assured of getting the most recent price hike. The smaller fields get a delivery every month or so, so the price they charge is less than the current rate at CNX.

Just a thought.

I need to find out who to speak to about prices for Avgas @ Changmai Airport.

Anyone got any ideas?

The Petroleum Authority of Thailand - PTT - runs the aviation refuelling at Chiang Mai airport with large tankers for Jet A1 and and smaller tankers for Avgas.

They have offices at their depot at the airport and they are very approachable. I have taken on tens of thousands of litres of avgas over the past many years, of course the price varies so I cannot give you any idea of the current price as I haven't bought any there for a few years now. Are you after tanker or drum fuel?

Edited by Blinky Bill

I think that this was PM'd to you by someone else, but just in case it wasn't, here it is..... they should be able to help you locate AvGas dealers in Malaysia and Indonesia as well.

What model Piper?

Listed below are airports and phone numbers in Thailand served by PTT (Petroleum Thai) with 100LL Avgas:

CENTRAL REGION

Bangkok (VTBD) 02-565-3800

U-Tapao (VTBU)

Hua Hin

Bang Phra (VTBT) 038 777348

Klang Dong

NORTHERN REGION

Chiang Mai (VTCC) 053-281-600

Chiang Rai (VTCT)

Phitsanulok (VTPP) 055-258-176

Lampoon

NORTHEAST REGION

Khon Kaen (VTUK) 043-324-650

Ubon (VTUU)

Udorn (VTUD) 042-222-345

SOUTHERN REGION

Hat Yai (VTSS) 074-474-448

Phuket (VTSP) 076-327-190

Surat Thani (VTSB) 077-200-356

Or you can contact PTT (Thailand) directly for fuel delivery or special arrangements by email:

Contact: Khun Chaipruet, Aviation Marketing // 66 1 1742833 // PTT webpage

Contact: Khun Chansin, VP, Aviation Marketing // 66 1 8360513