Fake 100 baht bills found in Lampang

webfact

Fake 100 baht bills found in Lampang

PNSOC600414001004201.jpg

LAMPANG, 14 April 2017 (NNT) - Vendors and people in Lampang province have been told to look out for fake 100-baht bills after the counterfeit money was found at Kao Chao Market. 

More than 200 vendors at the market have been told by a market public relations officer, Paiboon Aodkeng, to examine 100-baht banknotes every time they receive one. 

The counterfeit notes have the following serial number 0E 4647409 printed on one side. Anchalee Luangbutr, a florist, said she did not realize she had received a fake bill until she noticed the same serial number on another 100-baht bill. By then, the customer who gave it to her had already gone. 

Achalee also described that the fake bill was thinner than usual and the watermarks were unclear. 

Lampang provincial police are now identifying the suspect(s) captured by surveillance cameras.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-04-14

41 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

A true sign of tough times. 

No wonder the Thais get confused with the English language.

Those red pieces of paper are BANK NOTES, as the story goes on to say.   The BILLS come later when you've had a spend-up.

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Be curious to be a fly on the wall as they are making these

Reminds me when i found a $100 USD on ground in vietnam

I keep it in my pocket for emergency poilce "donations" :wai:

haha.  I like that.  I recall a few posts where people were complaining about their mail to Thailand being opened and of course any money or even money orders were found missing.  So the guy started mailing fake US bills to Thailand.  NONE of the mails go to their destination!  The sender of course hoped the mail theifs got busted trying to pass the fake notes.

5 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Boris you know sweet <deleted> all but on this one I 100% agree with you, ps loose Boris he is a nomad and you are an intelligent guy have a good evening

Boris who is this?? Nomad?? You really got me must be a trick statement. 

Can anyone explain what posts 6 & 7 above are on about.  Who is 'Boris', what is a 'UM', what has a 'nomad' got to do with this thread?

If there are fake bills going about then it is a serious subject as none of us wish to be arrested by the BIB for passing dud notes.

20 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Can anyone explain what posts 6 & 7 above are on about.  Who is 'Boris', what is a 'UM', what has a 'nomad' got to do with this thread?

If there are fake bills going about then it is a serious subject as none of us wish to be arrested by the BIB for passing dud notes.

I had fun figuring it out.  It's a combo of typos and no punctuation. 

#6: "Fake UM that maybe as the rest of the pace is just the same from last observations"

Translation: Fake!  Ummm, that may be as the rest of the place is just the same, from (my) last observations. 

#7: Refers to UK's Boris Johnson in El Gordo's Avatar.