Trakt - who's using it and is it any good?

Encid

Trakt

I've seen a couple of members who have mentioned it recently but I'm relatively new to the streaming TV world and am interested to know more.

How many of you are using it?

and

How does it work within Kodi?

I use Trakt. You sign up for a free account on trakt.tv and then when you stat Kodi up you just go to a video addon like exodus and in the settings you can add your trakt account.

When you add the account it creates a database at trakt to store your tv series and movies. When you find a tv series you want to save just bring up the context menu and you will see trakt manager or something like that click on that and then click add to collection.

later when you launch exodus scroll to "my tv shows" then click "collections" and anything you've saved into trakt appears. 

I save all my tv series and so whenever you change boxes or update Kodi you just add your trakt account and you have all your Tv series .

i have multiple boxes and I'm always fooling around with Kodi so trakt works very well for me. I have around 100 tv series saved in trakt..

Does Trakt work with all video addons or just Exodus and SALTS?

If I install it and set it up on Kodi do I have to configure the settings for all my video addons as well?

I know it works for those two. Don't know about others as I don't bother with others much. IIRC it's also working in beta on terrarium TV too, if not it's either Show Box or Mega Box. You can get it to work with Plex of you use it but I've found it patchy.

You will have to configure it individually per add on. One time for SALTS. One time for Exodus and one time for Kodi general usage (so it picks up if you use it to play local media). It's well worth the effort though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Encid said:

Does Trakt work with all video addons or just Exodus and SALTS?

If I install it and set it up on Kodi do I have to configure the settings for all my video addons as well?

Exodus is actually the addon with which it is the less functional because it has no library integration, and you have to manually update, by opening context menu an go to trakt manager.

All the others have library integration and your viewing history is added automatically.

There may be more but Zen, Specto, Salts, Exodus and Velocity support Trakt.

One problem I am having with Exodus and TrakT at the moment is syncing using different devices.  As an example:

I open Exodus on the Minix U9.  Partially watch an episode, it scrobbles fine.  Stop the episode at say 10:45 (min/sec).  Later open the same episode on the same box.  Correctly asks 'Start from beginning' or 'Resume from 10:45'.

Go to my other box however, a Fire TV 2 (for now), open the same episode from there and it starts from the beginning.  At first the Fire wouldn't show any resume options at all, despite getting the message saying scrobbled successfully from Trak.

Now, I've got the Fire showing the 'Resume' message but it seems each device is picking up it's own (which would be local) 'Resume' position, despite scrobbling.  What I would expect is if I stop viewing an episode at 15:00 on the U9, ir would offer to resume from 15:00 on the Fire TV.  Strange.  Maybe I need to wait longer between trying, give it all time to update.  At the moment it's not working as I would expect.

15 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

There may be more but Zen, Specto, Salts, Exodus and Velocity support Trakt.

It sounds like I need to use Exodus less.

I would prefer that Trakt is automatically updated by my viewing history rather than me having to manually update it.

Edited by Encid

It updates fine for me. I watch something, it marks it watched then prompts me with a rating box. Maybe it's removing items from lists that's not working if you have TrakT set to automatically remove stuff from lists when watched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk