Happiness

TumblinDice

Don't sweat the small stuff.

I've been an upbeat happy type all my life even in the face of adversity or challenges, just a bullets bounce off me person. No idea on how to get this if you haven't got this, it goes on personality, attitude, general outlook, a myriad of things.

Stay positive and laugh more.

I suppose you are ultimately talking about keeping the black dog (depression) at bay. Otherwise happiness is pretty easy to come by. If you are prone to depression, the normal things that bring happiness are often on another planet. Keep the black dog at bay and everything is great, Music , food , relationships, sex, books, movies, hobbies etc

For me, living in Thailand keeps the black dog away, almost like I left it in Australia.

Live each day as a single day, you cant change anything about yesterday and dont have a clue about tomorrow, thats 2 less days to give a sh*t about.

I suppose you are ultimately talking about keeping the black dog (depression) at bay. Otherwise happiness is pretty easy to come by. If you are prone to depression, the normal things that bring happiness are often on another planet. Keep the black dog at bay and everything is great, Music , food , relationships, sex, books, movies, hobbies etc
For me, living in Thailand keeps the black dog away, almost like I left it in Australia.
Live each day as a single day, you cant change anything about yesterday and dont have a clue about tomorrow, thats 2 less days to give a sh*t about.

Well said. The damn black dog & devils piss (alcohol) don't get along together. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, TumblinDice said:

It's the "staying positive" that's tough. I have a great sense of humour but negative thinking. Ohh the irony!

You are spot on, lots of great comedians etc have had that negative side, Robyn Williams, Spike milligan, a couple of Monty Python crew etc. Prone to depression goes up with IQ.

8 minutes ago, TumblinDice said:

Well said. The damn black dog & devils piss (alcohol) don't get along together. Thanks.

Yes , Alcohol is defiantly a double edged sword, just what you feel like when your down and itself a depressant. Not to mention calling the Ex wife at 4am, and thinking you can sing, lol

Happiness is relative.

"Happiness is the absence of pain" (Nietsche).

"Happiness is a warm gun, mama" (The Beatles).

For some, happiness starts with wearing red high heel shoes, instead of flip-flops.

Cheers, Minnie the Minx.:smile:

Edited by swissie