Most lenient location for a tourist visa?

I have resided in Thailand for 3 years (plus a few weeks). In that time I've acquired 3 tourist visas and 4 non b visas. Never consecutive tourist visas, all have been separated with a non b for work. I have a new job (again, yeah sorry) and need to do the tourist -> non b process again.

I'm starting to get a bit worried as to whether or not I'll encounter future hassles. Should I be? Need to make this visa trip before the 25th so I'm hoping someone can suggest a place that won't cause any problems.

44 minutes ago, JIMHILL said:

May I point out, getting a visa from the embassy is one thing, but how immigration; at the point of entry, handle it is the other matter 

Quite true but I seriously doubt the OP will run into any problems, judging from my own experiences.

Received 4th back-to-back from Vientiane last week with no warning stamp. A bit hit and miss but still the most amenable place for visas. I went on a Tuesday mid-morning and was out very quickly which was great as it's extremely hot there now. I re-entered via friendship bridge (private car) and was wholly hassle free.

• Like 2

Just now, edwardandtubs said:

Is Vientiane more lenient than Savannakhet these days? I've done both once and found Savannakhet to be less hassle but that was years ago.

Savannakhet since earlier this year has been asking for tickets out and financial proof to get tourist visas.

One more (probably) stupid question - the 1000 baht fee must be paid in THB, yeah? Where can I get THB in Vientiane? I ignorantly only brought USD with me & used the only baht I had in my wallet at the airport.

30 minutes ago, revgreen said:

One more (probably) stupid question - the 1000 baht fee must be paid in THB, yeah? Where can I get THB in Vientiane? I ignorantly only brought USD with me & used the only baht I had in my wallet at the airport.

Banks, exchange booths and probably your hotel. I am certain you could find somebody with 1000  baht that would be happy to change it for dollars.