extension Non Imm O / income Affidavit

This to inform that I got unexpected surprise when I went to Immigration Office Pathum Thani with the idea that all my application papers would be perfectly OK for an extension on Non Imm O visa.

We know  already that if we need  income Affidavit is has to be legalised not only at Embassy but also at Consular Department of Foreign Ministry (3rd floor Chaengwattana BKK)

But for first time Immigration Pathum Thani sent me back to 2nd floor Chaengwattana to obtain an official translation into Thai (two days) then to get this translation legalised on the 3rd floor (more days)

All this is not abnormal because these procedures would be applied in every other country I know..but it would have been helpful if changes in regulations would be known easily and in advance.

Edited by fvw53

That is just an office going over the top with their requirements. It seems they are not consistent in their requirements since others have reported they did not need it done there.

I assume your affidavit was in English. The only time it should need to be translated is if it is not in English.

The Nonthaburi office also wants the signature on the affidavit certified by the department of consular affairs. But no translation is needed.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:40 PM, ubonjoe said:

That is just an office going over the top with their requirements. It seems they are not consistent in their requirements since others have reported they did not need it done there.

I assume your affidavit was in English. The only time it should need to be translated is if it is not in English.

The Nonthaburi office also wants the signature on the affidavit certified by the department of consular affairs. But no translation is needed.

yes it was in English and now we are waiting to get the translation into Thai certified on the 3rd floor...