How strict are the police about stopping Songkran on the 20th?

Hal65

Midnight is approaching and I'm still seeing water gun clad people roaming about on Buakao, which may influence my night negatively. A couple years ago in Bangkok I heard that the police aggresively put an end to the festivities on the 16th, not sure how things play out in Pattaya on the 20th

Some may be playing until 2-3 AM or so, depending on where it is. Never heard of police needing to go around stopping it. We often have rumors and "bets" on the forum that it won't stop on the 20th but it always does. By daybreak, all will be well. G'night. :)

Edited by JSixpack

OP, seems you engaged in what you'd term a "whine." How is it that your evening is being influenced "negatively" when you could just join in on the fun?

On 1/15/2016 at 4:27 AM, Hal65 said:

The 1st post of this thread was such a big whine. I'm getting some ice cooled water balloons ready for my fellow TV board members :)

As anticipated by several other posters, and just as in previous years, the music and water throwing ended late last night and was slowing down from early evening. No noticeable police presence. It was just over when it was over.

Did the police in your country enforce a ban on egg rolling the day after Easter or maybe they went house to house demanding everyone take down their Christmas decorations on Boxing Day?

4 hours ago, JSixpack said:

OP, seems you engaged in what you'd term a "whine." How is it that your evening is being influenced "negatively" when you could just join in on the fun?

Fun???????????? Do you know how many people have been injured taking part in this fun? I am not referring to the traffic carnage here, decent people want to be able to go out and walk down the street, travel on the Baht bus, without these water throwing morons soaking them.

I would like to meet some Farang away from Songcran altogether in company that I am part of, and boasting about what he did with his water gun to people walking down the street, riding motor bikes etc. No prizes for guessing what would happen to him.

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

As anticipated by several other posters, and just as in previous years, the music and water throwing ended late last night and was slowing down from early evening. No noticeable police presence. It was just over when it was over.

Did the police in your country enforce a ban on egg rolling the day after Easter or maybe they went house to house demanding everyone take down their Christmas decorations on Boxing Day?

Why should the police want to ban egg rolling, or demand people take down their Christmas decorations? When did  these things interfere with people going about their business?

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Fun???????????? Do you know how many people have been injured taking part in this fun? I am not referring to the traffic carnage here, decent people want to be able to go out and walk down the street, travel on the Baht bus, without these water throwing morons soaking them.

I would like to meet some Farang away from Songcran altogether in company that I am part of, and boasting about what he did with his water gun to people walking down the street, riding motor bikes etc. No prizes for guessing what would happen to him.

Not much feel for sarcasm, eh? I'll have to warn you in the future. Question is, did Hal65 finally come around to agree with us? He's not answered so far.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why should the police want to ban egg rolling, or demand people take down their Christmas decorations? When did  these things interfere with people going about their business?

You've missed the point. Maybe the post-Songkran relief celebration has befuddled your thinking. Give posting a break until tomorrow, maybe. 

5 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

You've missed the point. Maybe the post-Songkran relief celebration has befuddled your thinking. Give posting a break until tomorrow, maybe. 

"You've missed the point". Have I? I wonder what point that would be. If you can compare water throwing morons to egg rolling and Christmas decorations, well good for you.

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Ridiculous post. If you go out neatly dressed or on a motorbike then egg-rolling isn't going to bother you.

You know exactly what's being discussed here, put your Thai-bashing policeman's hat away.

You are just a WUM and a menace on any forum.