South Train Station in Pattaya

Pattaya46

In Pattaya the main train station is the "North" one, near route #7,

but there is another one, "South", near Soi Khao Talo.

This second one is in fact just a "stop" for the train, as there is no real station, no building.

So did someone already take a train from there?

How do you take/buy your ticket? To the controller in the train?

Thanks

I have seen a train stop at the Khao Talo platform. It was a couple of young backpacker types. I was driving north on the railway road and was a bit surprised to see the train stop for passengers - only seen that happen one time about a couple of months back.

As for tickets. No idea, but likely to be a conductor on board selling tickets. Plus, is there an online purchase system?

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

I have seen a train stop at the Khao Talo platform. It was a couple of young backpacker types. I was driving north on the railway road and was a bit surprised to see the train stop for passengers - only seen that happen one time about a couple of months back.

Sure it surprised me too to see that there was nothing else there

than a small platform and a sign with the name "Pattaya Tai"in Thai and English,

but this "station" is well on the timetable of the unique line :

http://www.railway.co.th/Ticket/list_station_stop.asp?IdTrain=283&Leg=en

http://www.railway.co.th/Ticket/list_station_stop.asp?IdTrain=284&Leg=en

I will try it soon...

You can purchase train tickets for any route at any station with a ticket office.   There used to be a convenient online booking site for SRT, but they took it down.  I've seen rumors about an online booking site returning soon.  I used to live in Hua Hin and frequently used the HH-Bangkok trains.  It was nice to book online and see the seating chart to select an available seat.

4 hours ago, wpcoe said:

You can purchase train tickets for any route at any station with a ticket office.   There used to be a convenient online booking site for SRT, but they took it down.  I've seen rumors about an online booking site returning soon.  I used to live in Hua Hin and frequently used the HH-Bangkok trains.  It was nice to book online and see the seating chart to select an available seat.

https://www.thairailwayticket.com/eTSRT/default.aspx?language=1

I went to this Pattaya Tai station this morning at 10:30 "for observation only"

I waited 15 minutes but no train? while one supposed to arrive/depart at 10:34/10:35 ??

Could it be no train on Sunday? or just late?

Some of these are not stations but rather a 'Halt' or a stop only,  you can buy ticket on the train, but you have to tell them you boarded from a stop or station that was unmanned or doesn't have a ticketing office, otherwise you'll be fined an extra 100 baht for not purchasing ticket beforehand