Green Book Transfer Question?

ricklev

That was fast.  Thanks.  So if the owner and I go to a Honda shop with the bike and have them handle the transfer, the shop does a vin number rubbing and doesn't need the bike at the Land Transportation Office?   Is that legitimate or is it just because the shop does a lot of business/pays tea money to the Land Transportation Office?  Is there anything to worry about when using their services?  

I'm buying a used bike and many years ago I had trouble with a Honda shop that was supposed to transfer names in the green book.  They had all the correct documents but failed to notice that the seller, who had left Thailand, had a visa which had just expired.  Ultimately, they took care of it, but it was a pain.

I do know that all I need is the power of attorney form signed by the owner, the transfer document and a copy of her Thai ID card, but I feel safer not paying til I know the title transfer is assured.  The owner understandably prefers to go to the Honda shop rather than sit around at the Land Transportation Office.  It's just a Honda Click so maybe I'm being overly paranoid.

Edited by ricklev

You do it, it is quite easy and no monkey business.
You need a bill of sale, the green book, a copy of the sellers valid id or passport with visa if foreigner. If the seller does not accompany you then you need a power of attorney form signed by the seller to authorize transfer. If you have the power of attorney then the owner does not need to be further involved.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect