Cheap tailor for easy task?

michelangelo1000

Hello! I have some everyday shirts that now are too big cos I Iost weight. The problem is they are hanging out in the lower back. So I'm looking for a place where I can get this fixed for a good price. I have seen before these simple places with a thai lady working at her sewing machine. Are they maybe worth a try? Or some of the tailor shops??? 

There is a lady with machine who could help you near Fairtex hotel. Two ways to get there:

1. Soi 33 off Naklua Rd. Walk to the very end and turn right. She is very close to the corner. 

2. Go up N Pattaya Rd from Dolphin Circus. Immediately after Fairtex Hotel turn left down a soi and she is 200 Mtrs along on the left.

I would suggest taking someone with you who speaks Thai, but sign language  and basic English should suffice.

BTW, well done with the weight loss; presuming it was intended. I might be asking you for some tips.

Going to an Indian taylore shop will end up being too expenisve, not because they'll ripp you off (probably) but because the job is too simple. 

A hanky-panky Thai taylor shop in one of the Sois near TukCom will be perfect. 

A Thai would pay in between THB 50 and THB 100 per shirt for this job.

Used to be a lady on Soi Yamato (our noobs will only know this as Soi 13/1). She and her sewing machine are or were stationed just outside the hairdresser about a fourth of the way into the soi from 2nd Rd, on the left. It's just up from The Swan Pattaya, http://theswanpattaya.com/, which champers has reviewed favorably should you need a bite while waiting. Or you could hit the Las Vegas II go go across the street if it's after 2. Or you can get a cheap but decent haircut from the older lady inside the shop.

Thx guys! I'm located on Thappraya Rd near Thepprasit Rd, but it's not a big deal going to North Pattaya for example, easy with baht bus.

I lost weight but that was not really intended, instead I should need to put on some mass now, we all have our challenges...

50-100 baht sounds great, yeah probably the Indian tailors are more expensive.

8 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Used to be a lady on Soi Yamato (our noobs will only know this as Soi 13/1). She and her sewing machine are or were stationed just outside the hairdresser about a fourth of the way into the soi from 2nd Rd, on the left. It's just up from The Swan Pattaya, http://theswanpattaya.com/, which champers has reviewed favorably should you need a bite while waiting. Or you could hit the Las Vegas II go go across the street if it's after 2. Or you can get a cheap but decent haircut from the older lady inside the shop.

Happened to be in the neighborhood today havin' a few brews w/ views. That hairdresser is immediately to the left of The Swan Pattaya. Now the sewing lady wasn't out front, but after all it's pretty hot out; good news is I noticed her sewing machine right inside the window. So I think she's still at it. Suggest this be your first stop.

Edited by JSixpack

6 hours ago, michelangelo1000 said:

Thx guys! I'm located on Thappraya Rd near Thepprasit Rd, but it's not a big deal going to North Pattaya for example, easy with baht bus.

I lost weight but that was not really intended, instead I should need to put on some mass now, we all have our challenges...

50-100 baht sounds great, yeah probably the Indian tailors are more expensive.

In that case, if you turn on to Thepprasit from Thappraya, in the first block about 150m up on the right-hand side is a seamstress with a shop and a sign hanging over the sidewalk.  Here's a screenshot from Google Earth of her shop:

a.jpg.3c0556050f875070c9e22c1b6662ce5c.jpg

I've had her hem some pants for me for B50 and she offered to have them done same-day when I dropped them off at noon.

Congrats on the weight loss, BTW. :thumbsup:  I'm more than a bit jealous as my girth has been heading the opposite direction for quite some time.

PS to my post above:  Just went past Nat's clothing repair shop and noticed the yellow sign now hangs off the blue/white awning, facing the street, and is no longer hanging over the sidewalk.  Just in case someone is on foot looking up for the banner...