Buying Gold in bkk

Can anyone recommend a place to buy gold bars in bkk ?

also , is there any risk of getting fake gold with less than the advertised 

purity  etc or other scams to watch out for  ?

would prefer 99.999% pure but if that comes at too much of a premium over the spot price 

then thai gold will be fine 

1 hour ago, midas said:

I have been doing business with Ausiris since 2012 and I'm very satisfied

they also have 99.999% bars

http://www.ausiris.co.th/index.php

Would it work out beneficial to buy multiple small bars or 1  large bar  (like  1kg ) ( regarding the service and ordering fees above the spot price) 

I have no interest in collectors coins or "fancy"  gold etc, it's purely as an investment to park some cash for safekeeping for some years... 

It always pays of to buy smaller bars, because easier to check, and when you want to sell you can't sell part of a large bar.

Ausiris may be a trustable company, but the lack of English on their website and offices has always turned me off, and keep in mind that they are not covered by any government or bank guarantees.

You have to pay in advance for what you receive later.

The 99% gold bullion is also not available any more in small bars. Last time I checked with them they only traded 1kg bars in 99%

47 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

It always pays of to buy smaller bars, because easier to check, and when you want to sell you can't sell part of a large bar.

Ausiris may be a trustable company, but the lack of English on their website and offices has always turned me off, and keep in mind that they are not covered by any government or bank guarantees.

You have to pay in advance for what you receive later.

The 99% gold bullion is also not available any more in small bars. Last time I checked with them they only traded 1kg bars in 99%

That would put me off for sure, I think it will end up being multiple  smaller denominated Thai gold bars.... 

I don't trust any Thai gold shop with an advance  Payment for a 1kg gold bar I won't receive until later

Id rather buy gold that's in stock and get it when you pay for it... 

Is it still normal to pay spot price +100thb for every buy? That's why I was thinking about 1 large bar instead of ~20 Smaller ones

2 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Is it still normal to pay spot price +100thb for every buy? That's why I was thinking about 1 large bar instead of ~20 Smaller ones

That depends on which shop, but 100 Bht would be the low end I guess, and I doubt that you can buy 1kg bars in gold shops.

I also think, but I maybe mistaken, that the premium is per Baht and not per bar.

Archived