Changing a Retirement extension to a child support extension

I have a retirement extension now but I was thinking about changing to a extension to support my son, I have all the court papers to say that I have 100% responsibility for him and he does live with me

Is there much more paperwork required or is it as easy as renewing the Retirement extension I was just thinking that I would only need 400000 Baht in the bank and if i ever wanted to I could work

You could change the reason for your extension from retirement to being the parent of a Thai.

The financial proof is 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income.

You will need their birth certificate, copies of the documents proving you are his legal father and copies of proof you have custody of him.

He will need to be with you when you apply.

Pictures of you and hm in and around the house.

There will be a 30 day under consideration period before you will get the extension stamp. The application has to be approved by division headquarter responsible for where you living is the reason for the wait.

I suggest you check with your local office to find out what they require.

If you decide to do the change be sure you don't don't have enough money in bank for the retirement extension or they might not want to do it.

37 minutes ago, offset said:

Thank you for you help it maybe better for me to stay on a retirement extension

I wouldn't be put off by the extra requirements. The benefits are that you don't need to tie up 400K as it only needs to be in the account on the day you apply, and you can apply for permission to work.