Multi O Based On Marriage Savannakhet

Unfortunately I don't have the necessary 400,000bht this year to do my extension of stay based on Marriage so I am planing to get the Multi Non O in Savannakhet  Loas which  from what I'm told is the only place in the region that does not require proof of funds. My current extension of stay expires May 11 which falls on a Friday. Can I apply for the visa earlier in the week.? Also to avoid any rip offs at the border, how much is it for a Laos visa?.

Thanks,

Your extension will be invalid as soon as you leave the country which means it will have no effect on you applying for a multiple entry non-o visa. No problem to do it before your extension ends.

The Lao visa on arrival  fee is $30 to $42 dependent upon your nationality. You can also pay 1500 baht for it. Fee in USD can be found here. http://www.laos-guide-999.com/visa-on-arrival.html

As above apply in morning on whatever day you choose before 11am pick up next day after 1400 5k fee. 

Documents needed photocopies of your passport face page. Wifes ID card and tabien book relevant pages to her both signed by her.

Copy back and front marriage certificate and take the original certificate as well they will look at it. New updated Kor Ror 2 wife can get it from any amphoe with her ID card 20bht fee.

I took photocopy of this and original they did look at original as well. Application form for visa and two photos. You also need photo for visa on arrival at laos border.  I pay for laos visa with USD works out cheaper than bht. Accommodation in Savanakhet is plenty full look at booking .com I can personally recommend pilgrims kitchen hotel. Good food and good accommodation. You will need a tuk tuk from Thai consulate to it (I always take my car over).

Edited by jeab1980

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

As long as you don't have a valid re-entry permit your extension of stay will end as soon as you exit, and you can apply for the visa whenever you want.

in this case (extention of stay based on marriage) i wil get a reentry permit, ok. but howlong can i stay outside thailand before reentry ?

want to go back to belgium for a (?) time (for whatever reason) : 3, 4, 5 or 6 months is it possible ?

Edited by silverado

17 minutes ago, silverado said:

in this case (extention of stay based on marriage) i wil get a reentry permit, ok. but howlong can i stay outside thailand before reentry ?

want to go back to belgium for a (?) time (for whatever reason) : 3, 4, 5 or 6 months is it possible ?

For any permission to stay, the reentry permit is valid up to the expiry of the permission to stay. If you return to Thailand before the expiry of the permission to stay, you can enter Thailand using the reentry permit. Thus, your maximum time outside Thailand before returning with your extension of stay intact depends on the remaining duration of that extension. For example, if you have an extension of stay (with associated reentry permit) that expires 20 February 2018, you can leave Thailand and return at any time up until 20 February 2018 and your extension of stay will still be valid. If you return after 20 February 2018, you will need a new visa or visa exempt entry.

13 minutes ago, BritTim said:

For any permission to stay, the reentry permit is valid up to the expiry of the permission to stay. If you return to Thailand before the expiry of the permission to stay, you can enter Thailand using the reentry permit. Thus, your maximum time outside Thailand before returning with your extension of stay intact depends on the remaining duration of that extension. For example, if you have an extension of stay (with associated reentry permit) that expires 20 February 2018, you can leave Thailand and return at any time up until 20 February 2018 and your extension of stay will still be valid. If you return after 20 February 2018, you will need a new visa or visa exempt entry.

very clear , thank you for the answer... glad to read that :smile:

48 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Anyone know decent n cheap rice n curry place in suvannakhet? All I could find was noodle shops, barring the overpriced places catering for the tourists 

I did not sample everything there but the night market behind the old Catholic church has some pretty good stuff on order. 

• Like 2