1.04 million tonnes of degraded rice on auction

snoop1130

1.04 million tonnes of degraded rice on auction

283_Rice.jpg

Altogether 22 pre-qualification bids were submitted with the Foreign Trade Department for 1.04 million tonnes of degraded rice held in 157 warehouses in 37 provinces.

The department will announce a list of the qualified bidders this Friday and will allow them to submit their price bids for the rice which are not meant for consumption by both humans nor animals.

The rice on auction are divided into 16 types, including 100 percent Hom Mali, white rice, Pathum Thani rice and Hom rice.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/1-04-million-tonnes-degraded-rice-auction/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-4-26

17 minutes ago, petermik said:

Last time they tried auctioning no-one made the minimum bid price,auction cancelled..............same again or has the rice suddenly improved with age :whistling:

Can't see it improving so since it can't be consumed by any living creature why are they bothering to sort this 

I guess rotten Homalai fetchers more than rotten white

28 minutes ago, Fulwell53 said:

This is what an elected government buys you.

Then again the pedigree of her brother and puppet master should have made it abundantly clear that she was as untrustworthy as a hungry fox in a hen house.

How do you now it is the stock from the "elected" governments time. May I remind you the junta has been in control for 3 years. In 3 years good rice becomes bad and bad rice becomes very bad. As there was never an independent audit done, no one will know which rice is which. The junta had no interest in such an audit as they know they can pass the blame to YS. But they neglected their duty by not selling the rice faster, why wait for 3 years. You must remember it is not only decreasing in quality but it is costing storage costs. But if you can spend B 13 bn on needless subs this rice wastage by the junta is pale in comparison.

1 hour ago, Fulwell53 said:

Then again the pedigree of her brother and puppet master should have made it abundantly clear that she was as untrustworthy as a hungry fox in a hen house.

The elected government was in power for 2 years and 4 months.

The junta government has been in power for 2 years and 11 months now., 7 months longer than the elected government. 

Selling the rice, which is rotting in stores, and has been for 2 years and 11 months doesn't seem to be a very high priority,. Why the delay? it's not like buying submarines and tanks for example.

This is what a junta government buys you.

3 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

How do you now it is the stock from the "elected" governments time. May I remind you the junta has been in control for 3 years. In 3 years good rice becomes bad and bad rice becomes very bad. As there was never an independent audit done, no one will know which rice is which. The junta had no interest in such an audit as they know they can pass the blame to YS. But they neglected their duty by not selling the rice faster, why wait for 3 years. You must remember it is not only decreasing in quality but it is costing storage costs. But if you can spend B 13 bn on needless subs this rice wastage by the junta is pale in comparison.

Probably being stored by their buddies.$$$

On 4/27/2017 at 7:49 AM, Fulwell53 said:

With an elected government you could express an opinion, even in insulting, low-brow terms, about any politicians, public officials and issues that are important to you without fear of the threat of "re-education", instead of constantly worrying about what are "äpproved" thoughts or opinions that might change from day to day, depending on the whim of an armed force, and what and how you're allowed to say it.  Truth - and the freedom to discuss what that might be - is priceless.

On 2017-4-27 at 9:45 AM, JAG said:

The elected government was in power for 2 years and 4 months.

The junta government has been in power for 2 years and 11 months now., 7 months longer than the elected government. 

Selling the rice, which is rotting in stores, and has been for 2 years and 11 months doesn't seem to be a very high priority,. Why the delay? it's not like buying submarines and tanks for example.

This is what a junta government buys you.

Selling rotten rice (already rotten since 2013 btw) is a difficult task. It is only good for bio mass or bio fuel and because it cost so much initially, they are trying to get the best price. It is not going to happen. Rotten Yinluck rice is a totally corrupted rice and needs to be purged and sold no matter what price is offered. 

Then the country can move on, at least so far as rice is concerned. The murders and mayhem will always be a legacy of the "democratic Yinluck years".   

I see a lot of people getting arrested for drugs regularly. Anybody got arrested lately for this rice scheme?????

The people involved in this made a lot more money than joke drug dealers. 

All of a sudden enforcing the law is not so important, huh?! 

22 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

I see a lot of people getting arrested for drugs regularly. Anybody got arrested lately for this rice scheme?????

The people involved in this made a lot more money than joke drug dealers. 

All of a sudden enforcing the law is not so important, huh?! 

No one will be arrested for the rice scam (not scheme)

Like Microsoft and Google will be forced to pay some taxes eventually.

Like the Don will be forced to show his tax returns.

Many people in many countries are above the law. Try prosecuting Raz Putin for instance. Not going to happen.

So many drug pushers near my village. Headman says confusion between police and military is the cause. Asked me to be careful about saying this.

Why are you so pent up about the internal affairs of Thailand now. Let Thailand run its own affairs. Rant about all the corruption, cronyism and holier than thou attitudes of your own government.  

7 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

No one will be arrested for the rice scam (not scheme)

Like Microsoft and Google will be forced to pay some taxes eventually.

Like the Don will be forced to show his tax returns.

Many people in many countries are above the law. Try prosecuting Raz Putin for instance. Not going to happen.

So many drug pushers near my village. Headman says confusion between police and military is the cause. Asked me to be careful about saying this.

Why are you so pent up about the internal affairs of Thailand now. Let Thailand run its own affairs. Rant about all the corruption, cronyism and holier than thou attitudes of your own government.  

Okay you are right. I know they won't be punished but then don't make me laugh with this - we are after the criminals- stuff. No they aren't. And it's not about Thailand's affairs. Nobody cares about them. The same happens all over the world and I simply find fake idiots amusing!!! I don't support the phony. I support the real. That's why I said what I said. 

And it's scheme or scandal but definitely not scam. 

1 minute ago, A1Str8 said:

Okay you are right. I know they won't be punished but then don't make me laugh with this - we are after the criminals- stuff. No they aren't. And it's not about Thailand's affairs. Nobody cares about them. The same happens all over the world and I simply find fake idiots amusing!!! I don't support the phony. I support the real. That's why I said what I said. 

And it's scheme or scandal but definitely not scam. 

Politics and politicians, even if not elected are the same the world over. I find nothing to laugh about in the glib, made for media statements of any politician in the world. There just are not enough walls to line them up against.

The rice scam was a phoney right from the word go. Poor and rotten rice was dumped in warehouses. Classed as A1 jasmine rice. A few bags of good rice often covered up huge gaps of any rice in some warehouses. Good rice was purchased at below market prices from farmers on the promise of better returns in the future. Farmers were encouraged to take out large loans to create a huge rice bowl. It was a lousy scam, orchestrated by a totally corrupt and reckless government. Murder and mayhem will be the only things that will be remembered in the 2 years of rioting by the lady with a 2 million baht monthly budget.