Nice Hotel on Jomtian Beach

mogandave

Hello, I'd like suggestions for a decent hotel on Jomtian Beach that is family friendly.

Need two rooms with two adults and two kids in each.

Must have parking, nice pool, decent breakfast and close to the beach.

Under 3K a night would be nice, but willing to pay more to get more.

Thanks

Personally I'd go for the Silver Sand, on Beach Road just past soi 7, very family-oriented with two big swimming pools. Should be possible at your price I think.

http://www.silversandvilla.com/

Not sure about the prices and I've never used them myself, but these two look very nice. They're both on Dongtan beach and have nice pools. Have a look anyway:

http://www.welcomeworldresort.com/

http://www.avalonbeachresort.com/

24 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Thank you for the reminder of why I am not married 

Yes, now they'll probably end up with the family booked into the P72 hotel on Walking Street. And the wife'll say, "Well Google showed that it's  right by the sea!".

43 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Well, ended up at the Sima Thani in Nakhon Ratchasima, going to the Korat Zoo in the morning.

God I love being married....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

How is that related to you looking for a hotel in Jomtien?

Grow a pair :whistling:

I've been to that sh*t hole beach plenty of times and think the zoo was a great idea.

If "growing a pair" means being narrow-minded selfish and having to get my way all the time I don't need them.

But thanks for the recommendation.

30 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I've been to that sh*t hole beach plenty of times and think the zoo was a great idea.

If "growing a pair" means being narrow-minded selfish and having to get my way all the time I don't need them.

But thanks for the recommendation.

If it was such a sh*thole why did you want a hotel close to it?

If it was such a sh*thole why did you want a hotel close to it?

I'm sorry. It's okay and I would have been happy to spend a weekend there.

The zoo thing was a family decision and the idea that I'm somehow a punk for involving my family in the decision process put me on the defensive.

Actually, I've only stayed at Jomtian twice before and have been staying in Pattaya proper in the last 10 years, but the kids are getting a little old for it.

Again, my apologies to anyone offended by my comment about Jomtian Beach.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

I'm sorry. It's okay and I would have been happy to spend a weekend there.

The zoo thing was a family decision and the idea that I'm somehow a punk for involving my family in the decision process put me on the defensive.

Actually, I've only stayed at Jomtian twice before and have been staying in Pattaya proper in the last 10 years, but the kids are getting a little old for it.

Again, my apologies to anyone offended by my comment about Jomtian Beach.

Enjoy your time in Korat. Jomtien may not be the greatest beach in the world but it's an affordable paradise compared to where we come from.

Enjoy your time in Korat. Jomtien may not be the greatest beach in the world but it's an affordable paradise compared to where we come from.

l grew up in Southern California ten miles from the beach so I guess I'm a little spoiled.

Korat and the zoo has been nice so far.

Well the Korat zoo was worth the trip. We stayed at the Sima Thani hotel which was nice enough although pretty dated and a little run down, although renovation is in process. Real nice dinner & breakfast buffets, breakfast included and dinner was 350 all-in.

Zoo was okay and they have a water part that we did the second half of the day.

304 through the "mountains" was under significant construction doubling the width and elevating portions to (apparently) reduce the grade. Looks like it will be great once it's done.

All in all a nice weekend, but tomorrow it's back to the grind...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect