Extension of stay in Thailand.

Hi everyone,

I had an "amazing" experience at the immigration bureau yesterday. I applied for a 60 day family based extension. My wife was with me and after 5 min. waiting it was our turn. Passport! the officer said and I handed it over with the required photocopies and sat down on the chair next to my Thai wife. The officer said to my wife that I had to go sit back in the waiting area which I did while my wife was signing some more photocopies and paid the 1900 bt fee. After a couple of minutes they called me to sit down at the next desk to make a picture and few moments later I got the passport back with 60 days stamped in it. After leaving the office my wife told me the immigration officer told her I smelled bad although I hadn't been drinking, had a shower the night before, had a shower the morning before we left home. I was also wearing a descent clean and ironed shirt. I was angry and shocked!

What do you think of this kind of humiliation against a foreigner? Sad isn't it?

Sounds like it may have been in Korat 

My wife says every time we see the same man (doesn't matter what you do ) like be polite , dress well ect He always has some smart a***e comment

The wife was dreading having to have to deal with him again for the same Ext "as above "

& we were lucky we got the women, not a problem at all 

& by the way most these IMO's are from BBK

How can anyone possibly blame anyone from what one person writes. None of us were there no one knows. But hey who cares blame the IO.  I would sue his deodorant manufacturer. Or the soap maker 

Not saying he was correct, but, fyi ...

My Thai GF can be sitting in the same room as me, and not perspire at all, while I am literally drenched.  Not sure if this is due to nature or nurture.

I have found that the hot-sticky climate and bacteria/fungal count in the air can make a freshly-showered Farang (me) stink in a very short time.  The only thing that works is that "crystal" deodorant - some sort of mineral-salt that bacteria cannot grow in.  It is not poisonous (as are antiperspirants) and it really works for many hours.  It is often found in Thai markets - looks like a white crystal cylinder in a little plastic bag, though you can pay 10x more to buy one from a shop in a plastic box.  You can rub it under arms and on your chest and back after a shower - amazing, really.  One of them lasts for years.

There are also dietary differences, if you are eating Farang food, which create a different body-odor. 

Edited by JackThompson