Thumbing Your Nose At Thai Law

Little Black Duck

I'm frightfully sorry for calling you my Friend..

Apology accepted.

I'm sorry for misleading you as well,he has a Thai Wife who helps..

So, that's one Thai gaining employment through his restaurant. Are you sure there are no others? A two-person restaurant is a pretty tiny operation.

Yes he annoys me because we have a Business that's legal, we employ Thais, we pay for the Correct Visas and Work Permits as well as Personal income tax and Company Tax..We also keep a very low profile and try not to upset anyone..Reason enough??

OK, so now the real reason comes out. It is not really about struggling Thais is it? More likely about struggling farangs. Why didn't you mention that in the first place? And by the way, what does his not wearing a helmet have to do with your running a restaurant??

May I be so bold as to enquire if you are in Business ??

Why, so you can focus your nosey business on me too?? Sorry, the less people like you know about me, the better. If you would focus more attention on your business and less on what your neighbor is doing you might be more successful.

Spot on, qualtrough.

Nobody likes a rat. In every productive activity I've been involved in there were always people who contributed less and seemed to get away with more. It never does any good to worry about how other people are conducting their business unless it directly affects you in an adverse way, and even then, you should address the problem in a very subtle way.

Perhaps the OP has other issues that transcend the stated work permit/helmet law miscellaneous gripes.

Incidentally, I like to drive on the wrong side of the road when the situation calls for it, but if it makes you feel any better I do turn my lights on at night.

:o