Question about marriage visa

After I get married here in the next couple months I'm wondering what I should do. Should I get the marriage visa from Laos that's good for 3 months or 90 days. And then get the in country extension which makes it a year. Or get the multi-entry marriage visa.

The reason I was thinking about the first one was because I don't meet the 40000 baht a month requirements. From what I'm told I can just get the marriage visa for 3 months if I absolutely have to and then do another joint to the Laos consulate and get another 3 months Visa again. I would love to be able to stay here for a year at a time based on a marriage visa. But I only get 27000 baht a month from my government based on the medical retirement. And I'm only 34 so I can't get a retirement Visa. Help and suggestions would be welcome.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date it is issued. You need to leave the country every 90 day entries for a new entry.

Can others confirm visa can be done same-day?  Thank you in advance. (Planning flights now).

2 days...put in application in the morning day one. Get there around 9am. Receive visa back in the afternoon after 2pm the following day. Also worth checking there are no Thai public holidays in the dates you travel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mobiryder said:

Can others confirm visa can be done same-day?  Thank you in advance. (Planning flights now).

The Visa application takes 2 days.

It's a1 year Visa, each entry valid 90 days.

Every 90 days you must exit/re-enter to get another 90 days.

If you exit/re-enter just before the 'enter before' date on the Visa you get another 90 days extending you stay to almost 15 months before applying for the next Non Imm O ME Visa.

Thanks for all of the replies.  I'm currently already amidst the '15th month' route and it is expiring May 6th.  I'll be looking to start a fresh Non-IMM O visa (married, previous visa was an IMM-B with work permit.  WP has since expired.)

I emailed the embassy and this is what they replied:

I recived your e-mail ask about thai visa same day . If you want apply in our office you can not get same day wait 1 day working

I'm still a bit confused by what '1 working day'.  For example, if I submit it in the morning of a Monday, will I pick it up the next day, Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday afternoon?  I suspect the answer is Tuesday but I don't know for sure and the embassy has not replied to my response asking for clarification.

Thanks for all of your insight and help.

35 minutes ago, mobiryder said:

I'm still a bit confused by what '1 working day'.  For example, if I submit it in the morning of a Monday, will I pick it up the next day, Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday afternoon?  I suspect the answer is Tuesday but I don't know for sure and the embassy has not replied to my response asking for clarification.

If no holidays at the Laos consulate, submit Monday morning, and receive it back Tuesday afternoon.

Hey there I am New to this forum searching for information and this post fits in my situation. I will be moving to Thailand shortly together with my wife Thai and daughter Thai/German we lived about 5 years now together in Germany but we are at the point that we want to go back to Thailand before I Applied for a non imm B visa and did the visa run ever 90 days but that was 6 years ago and many things changed . Now I Requested a Non Imm O based on marriage multiple entry visa. So my question do I have to leave thailand every 90 days? Because how I understand it for extending 90 days at the Immigration Office I need to show the 400k at the bank or?

3 hours ago, yayo said:

Hey there I am New to this forum searching for information and this post fits in my situation. I will be moving to Thailand shortly together with my wife Thai and daughter Thai/German we lived about 5 years now together in Germany but we are at the point that we want to go back to Thailand before I Applied for a non imm B visa and did the visa run ever 90 days but that was 6 years ago and many things changed . Now I Requested a Non Imm O based on marriage multiple entry visa. So my question do I have to leave thailand every 90 days? Because how I understand it for extending 90 days at the Immigration Office I need to show the 400k at the bank or?

Being married to a Thai you can apply for a Non Imm O ME Visa at the German Embassy/Consulate.

However with this type of Visa you will have to leave and re-enter every 90 days.

It is not possible to make 90 day reports at an Immigration office with this Visa.

Your better option would be to obtain a Non Imm O single entry Visa. (90 days)

Within the last 30 days of that Visa, apply for an 'annual extension based on marriage' at your local Immigration office.

You can make 90 day reports at the Immigration without leaving the Country.

There is a financial requirement to get the extension, which is either 400,000 baht deposited in a Thai bank, or proof of an income of 40,000 baht per month. If you use the income method you need to gat a letter from the German Embassy confirming such.

The vast majority of foreigners married to a Thai prefer to do the 'extension'

3 hours ago, yayo said:

You have to leave the country every 90 day with a multiple entry non-o visa. Or you can get a 60 day extension of the 90 day entry at immigration to visit your wife.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any of the 90 entries from the visa. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. With the extension you only need to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country to immigration.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dentonian said:

Being married to a Thai you can apply for a Non Imm O ME Visa at the German Embassy/Consulate.

However with this type of Visa you will have to leave and re-enter every 90 days.

It is not possible to make 90 day reports at an Immigration office with this Visa.

Your better option would be to obtain a Non Imm O single entry Visa. (90 days)

Within the last 30 days of that Visa, apply for an 'annual extension based on marriage' at your local Immigration office.

You can make 90 day reports at the Immigration without leaving the Country.

There is a financial requirement to get the extension, which is either 400,000 baht deposited in a Thai bank, or proof of an income of 40,000 baht per month. If you use the income method you need to gat a letter from the German Embassy confirming such.

The vast majority of foreigners married to a Thai prefer to do the 'extension'

Thank you dentonian i opened a topic about my case because there are still a few things not clear to me now

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to leave the country every 90 day with a multiple entry non-o visa. Or you can get a 60 day extension of the 90 day entry at immigration to visit your wife.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of any of the 90 entries from the visa. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. With the extension you only need to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country to immigration.

thanks to you to ubonjoe like I mentioned ive opened a new topic for my case because ther are a few other things not so clear to me

On 28/04/2017 at 5:47 PM, mobiryder said:

Thanks for all of the replies.  I'm currently already amidst the '15th month' route and it is expiring May 6th.  I'll be looking to start a fresh Non-IMM O visa (married, previous visa was an IMM-B with work permit.  WP has since expired.)

I emailed the embassy and this is what they replied:

Couldn't you stretch it to 17 months by getting an extension of 2 months on the final entry by going to immigration with the wife?