Manager of the year

champers

A tad early for some, but League 1 finishes tomorrow. I pick Bolton's Phil Parkinson who has built a team likely to get automatic promotion from rejects, free transfers and loans. A transfer embargo has been in place all season and his 2 best young players were sold on to keep the club going. Another winding up order yesterday after other crises during the season. Well done Parky!!

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Agree with you on Hughton. Done very well.

But you still ignored my question on your Boss. It's a tough one I know but he promised so much and may not even deliver CL football. Went out the FA Cup  to a very poor arsenal team and very likely brought it upon himself with his rash handling of Hart. 

Well done to Parky for adopting the Bolton method when they were in the prem under allardyce and gartside? Still?

Jay Jay okocha, campo even macros Alonso had a stint and look at him now next to another former Bolt,cahill.  All loans rejects and journeymen and did a good job. Anelka too!

Edited by Rc2702

^"But you still ignored my question on your Boss."

Ignored? Don't see it above.

I gave my opinion on Peps season to date recently on the City forum. He took over Pellegrini's worsening team. He's added some decent players in Jesus, Sane, Stones, Gundogan. Front end we're decent; back end, especially without Kompany, and with Bravo, is frightening. I enjoy more the way Pep plays than Pellegrini's team. It's still way off the team Mancini won the Premier with. He's made a massive error with Hart/Bravo which has cost us big time. He's too buccaneering at times; 2nd leg in Monaco we should have gone with more solid midfield and if we'd gone behind THEN go for it. But I'm very happy with Pep so far, he isn't a miracle worker, he has to work with what he's got (Navas..an ageing slow defence bar Kompany. .awful goalkeepers. .). I'm very optimistic about our future and can't wait for this season to end, Pep to bring in a few and see how we go next season. I can only see us improving on this season.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Chris Hughton continues to quietly develop a good managerial record and we will see him in the prem next season

Didn't fare so well with Norwich. The ghost of Ricky Von Wolfswinkel probably still haunts him.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Well done to Parky for adopting the Bolton method when they were in the prem under allardyce and gartside? Still?

Jay Jay okocha, campo even macros Alonso had a stint and look at him now next to another former Bolt,cahill.  All loans rejects and journeymen and did a good job. Anelka too!

Good defence but no-one to bang in 20 goals at the other end. One point required tomorrow at home to Petetborough.

Albeit not English club related. I think the story of the Hoffenheim Manager (Julian Nagelsmann) is a great one. A player whose career was cut short due to bad knees.

Last year at just 28, he was thrown into the position of manager due to the then manager Hubb Stevens ill health. When he took over, Hoffenheim where in the relegation zone and he managed to get them out of it with seven wins in their last 14 matches.

This year they currently sit 3rd and look certain to get Champs League football for the first time in their history and were the last team in all 5 of europes top leagues to be undefeated.