Thailand Live Wednesday 9 October 2024

9. 22

Illegal land occupation

10. 52

New Law Allows Buyers to Inspect Online Orders Before Payment

11. 0

Final tenant eviction clears way for SRT high-speed rail project

12. 46

First Conviction in Victoria for Nazi Salute: Self-Proclaimed Nazi Faces Sentencing

13. 49

Suvarnabhumi Visa Exempt - Change of Tactic Applied

14. 4

Where can you sell things online in Thailand

15. 11

Should A Woman Be Allowed to hold the office of President of the USA?

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

No, what you are doing was posting referral links, for which someone gets a kickback.

That is fine, if someone decides to participate. Just be open about it.

As to posting GBP to Thai baht rates, perhaps you didn't notice, but tutsiwarrior wants

Nothing to do with GBP to THB pairing.

I don't recommend Revolut for exchanging to Thai baht. But excellent for tutsiwarrior's need.

Use the link ; dont use the link ; no difference to me , I used another posters link and saved me the trouble of searching for it, its up to you what you chose to do.

I havent seen anything yet on Revolut to convince me its better than Transferwise or Xendpay but Im always happy to be alerted to new companies who maybe giving better exchange rates and cheaper fees.

49 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

Use the link ; dont use the link ; no difference to me , I used another posters link and saved me the trouble of searching for it, its up to you what you chose to do.

I havent seen anything yet on Revolut to convince me its better than Transferwise or Xendpay but Im always happy to be alerted to new companies who maybe giving better exchange rates and cheaper fees.

Once again....Revolut is not for you. The reply was to tutsiwarrior.

Personally, I withdraw cash over the counter. Gets me a better deal than them all. But if Transferwise is providing a good service at a reasonable price, perhaps you should continue to support the business. 

If all of this is too confusing for some, I will reiterate.

Revolut is the recommendation for exchanging between GBP, USD and EUR, not GBP/THB. 

Always do the exchange midweek.

This recommendation is for tutsiwarrior

See picture revolut. Has a better rate

Just now 15:11 european time
Xendpay-revolut-transferwise

10000bht. From euro cost you
Xendpay 266.33
Revolut 265.19
Transferwise 269.04
IMG_8920.JPG

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 1

Quick one:

If you use transferwise, will you still be able to prove that the funds in your Thai bank account were transferred from abroad? 

Edited by DUS

Just to point out: you cannot use Transferwise to transfer from THB in Thailand to another country, regardless of which currency you want to receive - inbound is OK, outbound is forbidden, courtesy  BOT rules.

27 minutes ago, DUS said:

Quick one:

If you use transferwise, will you still be able to prove that the funds in your Thai bank account were transferred from abroad? 

Unsure what code is required in the bank book, tho you can print off a PDF file stating the transfer thats what I do. It shows amount sent in what currency, transfer rate to baht and to which bank

Edited by Expattaff1308
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used them once over a year ago and they were great, very helpful as I had to contact them several times due to the person on the receiving end giving me incomplete details (our fault not transferwise). Lowest fees available, great exchange rate, especially good for small deposits. As I recall it was only 1 dollar or 2 to transfer $30.

As far as I know they only transfer to a known bank account, but they check this account actually exists before accepting your money.

4 stars.

1 hour ago, Taka Wen said:

Xendpay offers a Poor service and very bad customer care!! 15 days and no one could tell me about my money transfer!! Because of this so called "confidentiality", nobody was wiling to help me track the payment. They play with your money when they don't simply steal it... look over the internet and you'll find the truth about this company!!! First and last time with XENDPAY. I advice you all to stay away from them.

I used and still use both whoever offers the best rate at the time, I accept it takes a few days longer than the banks but the rate you have agreed is locked in, at present Transferwise since reducing their rates is the better option but I have no complaints about either company.

45 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

I used and still use both whoever offers the best rate at the time, I accept it takes a few days longer than the banks but the rate you have agreed is locked in, at present Transferwise since reducing their rates is the better option but I have no complaints about either company.

It's not locked when converting to THB.

When I used TransferWise to send GBP to THB in January the rate was locked for 24 hours. So if you start the process in the morning UK-time on a week day and use debit card or Faster Payments transfer from a bank, you can be sure of the rate you are getting.

13 minutes ago, orientalist said:

When I used TransferWise to send GBP to THB in January the rate was locked for 24 hours. So if you start the process in the morning UK-time on a week day and use debit card or Faster Payments transfer from a bank, you can be sure of the rate you are getting.

they tell you what the rate is and how much they will send and thats what you get or you can lock the rate advertised for 24 hrs if you are not ready to transfer at that time. whereas with the banks you get the rate at the time of deposit

It's not fixed till the conversion really happens. And they say so when you start the process. 

Over the course of last year I sometimes received more and sometimes less than what they indicated.

8 minutes ago, DUS said:

It's not fixed till the conversion really happens. And they say so when you start the process. 

Over the course of last year I sometimes received more and sometimes less than what they indicated.

Well Im surprised that has never happened to me, I have always got what they said it would be at the time I did the transfer, and I have ordered a transfer over a weekend and still got what they said it would be.

Edited by Expattaff1308

Ok, we are all correct. :-))

When I transfer from my GBP account then the rate is guaranteed as long as you transfer the amount within 24 hrs. It is not guaranteed when you do the same from a EUR account. 

<deleted> the Euro anyway ... ;-))

1 minute ago, robin33 said:

?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

What don't you understand? In the screenshot it clearly says "exchange rate not guaranteed". That's for EUR to THB 

Edited by DUS

7 minutes ago, DUS said:

IMG_2427.thumb.PNG.ee3438d864b33fe1453e383c1ff6b577.PNG

Thats because the fee is deducted from the transfer amount, (unlike Xendpay  with which you have to add the fee onto the transfer amount) its the same with sterling. Transfer 1000 GBP and you will get 1000 - 7.46 fee the balance is then converted to THB so you will actually get 992.44 GBP converted and sent.

I cannot comment on Euro as I transfer from UK in sterling tho it could be because the Euro is up and down like a yoyo at present.

Edited by Expattaff1308
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

Thats because the fee is deducted from the transfer amount, (unlike Xendpay  with which you have to add the fee onto the transfer amount) its the same with sterling. Transfer 1000 GBP and you will get 1000 - 7.46 fee the balance is then converted to THB so you will actually get 992.44 GBP converted and sent

That's not the point. As stated above, if you transfer GBP to THB transferwise guaranteeds the exchange rate whilst for EUR to THB conversions they don't.

IMG_2428.PNG

• Like 1

Its not something I look at or concerned with, as I said I send from the UK and use sterling and so not interested what they do in Euros Dollars or anything else.

The fact they are based in the UK may have something to do with it.

Edited by Expattaff1308

5 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

Its not something I look at or concerned with, as I said I send from the UK and use sterling and so not interested what they do in Euros Dollars or anything else.

The fact they are based in the UK may have something to do with it.

Again, that's not the point but anyway :-))

2 minutes ago, DUS said:

Again, that's not the point but anyway :-))

The only thing I can suggest if you are not happy is to look for another company.

For me, it suits my purpose and Ive never been let down. Better rate less fees thats all I can ask for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

The only thing I can suggest if you are not happy is to look for another company.

For me, it suits my purpose and Ive never been let down. Better rate less fees thats all I can ask for.

Jeez, you're completely missing the point AGAIN! 

I've been transfering 6 digit sums from both my EUR and my GBP accounts. So I am indeed a (happy) customer of them. The only discussion that you completely have missed the point about was about guaranteed vs non guaranteed exchange rates of which there are both when using transferwise (depending on the currency pair).

But I rest my case since as per my signature you clearly beat me with your experience. But I still wish you a nice day in LOS.

33 minutes ago, DUS said:

Jeez, you're completely missing the point AGAIN! 

I've been transfering 6 digit sums from both my EUR and my GBP accounts. So I am indeed a (happy) customer of them. The only discussion that you completely have missed the point about was about guaranteed vs non guaranteed exchange rates of which there are both when using transferwise (depending on the currency pair).

But I rest my case since as per my signature you clearly beat me with your experience. But I still wish you a nice day in LOS.

How do you expect me to have an answer to that...ASK TRANSFERWISE!!!