Advice on Selling my Car

iancnx

I bought it brand new; I do recall 10 years ago a protracted process buying it involving immigration and money!.  I never sold a car here before.  Hence my question if anyone has recent experience?

Thanks

2 hours ago, iancnx said:

Thanks for the info.  Relieved Immigration don't have to give me their express approval! 

If your last visit there was 10 years ago that's 2 or 3 lifetimes of possible changes. Rules change here to fast to suit me that is why I own nothing. 

There is a transfer of ownership form to fill in plus the usual visa/passport copied documentation AND residents certificate......plus a fee to be paid for the transfer of ownership at the DLT based on the value of the vehicle,who pays it is up to the pair of you to decide :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, mortenaa said:

Yes, you are right. Thought that was only necessary when you bought.  

Yeah to be honest I dont really know, when ever ive sold a vehicle I give a copy of my work permit automatically. Not sure if its needed or not.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

plus a fee to be paid for the transfer of ownership at the DLT based on the value of the vehicle,who pays it is up to the pair of you to decide :thumbsup:

Is that not the 1000 baht transfer fee? I had to pay that to the dealer when I bought a used bike. 

Havent heard about a fee based on the value? I've bought 2 bikes from dealers and the other one I didn't need to pay anything. 

19 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Is that not the 1000 baht transfer fee? I had to pay that to the dealer when I bought a used bike. 

Havent heard about a fee based on the value? I've bought 2 bikes from dealers and the other one I didn't need to pay anything. 

Depends on the engine size etc. Cost me about 10K for a BMW with a V8. 

Archived