Tourist visa alternative.

Hi everyone. New to the forum so please forgive me if this has been covered before. I am a 49 year old Brit who has been married to a Thai for 4 years. Due to commitments I alternate my time between Thailand and the UK ,normally spending 3 months a time in each. Before visiting Thailand I get a single entry tourist visa and then extend it by 30 days at immigration. This was working well until the last couple of times when I was pulled aside and asked why I come to Thailand so many times,both times both sides were polite and I was allowed entry,there are no red stamps or hand written notes in my passport and as far as I'm aware nothing in their computer. I am still a little bit worried about this and so I would like any information regarding an alternative. I was thinking about a non o visa based on marriage and getting a reentry permit on departure. I couldn't find any information on the validity of the reentry permit,wether it is valid as long as the visa is or if there is a use by date. Any info appreciated. Cheers.

Not sure why you have been getting tourists visas. You could of been getting either a single or multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. The non-o visa would allow a 90 day entry. A multiple entry non-o allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

If you want to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration you will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof 40k baht. To apply for it you will need a non-o visa entry. You could get one before entering the country or do a change of visa status at some immigration offices to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry.

You could get the multiple entry non-o visa from the embassy in London or Savannakhet Laos without financial proof.

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 4:10 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not surein mhy you have been getting toults visas. You could of  been getting either a single or  multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. The non-o visa would allow a 90 day entry. A multiple entry non-o allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

If you want to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration you will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof 40k baht. To apply for it you will need a non-o visa entry. You could get one before entering the country or do a change of visa status at some immigration offices to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry.

You could get the multiple entry non-o visa from the embassy in London or Savannakhet Laos without financial proof.

It looks like the single entry non o is the way forward until im In a posotion to relocate to thailand perminantly. Thanks for your help. Sorry about the spelling,keyboards got a mind of its own today and it wont let me delete.

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Lamkyong said:

i guess they  are suspicious as to whether  you actually fall into their version  of tourist

why did you not enquiring settle at the time ?  

Did ask at the time and was told i visit too many times. Now you mention it it could be like you say their version of tourist and mine were different. I will go with a single entry o visa from now on until i can settle permanently. Cheers.