One year O-A visa

There appears to be some confusion with this one, I came across it again last night where I was branded an idiot by someone who did not understand.

I will state my own case.  When I was last home in Oz  I got my O-A for one year. During that year back in Thailand I received advice from  Ubon Joe that if I left Thailand and returned just before my visa expired, I would get stamped in for a further 12 months. So I went to KL and returned about one week before the visa expired and low and behold, YES I got stamped in for a further 12 months. This can only be obtained with an O-A obtained in my home country.

I hope that this clears it up and that someone will gain the benefit that I have.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Moved to here.

Be sure you get a re-entry permit to keep that last entry valid if you want to travel.

Thanks Joe, on your previous advice I did this and went on a trip to the UK and back.

6 minutes ago, blix99 said:

How and where to you get a re-entry permit? Thanks.

You apply for it using a TM8 form at an immigration office. The fee is 1000 baht for a single re-entry permit and 3800 baht for a multiple.

You can also get one on departure from the country at either airport in Bangkok.

33 minutes ago, oldsailor35 said:

There appears to be some confusion with this one, I came across it again last night where I was branded an idiot by someone who did not understand.

You are not alone.

A mate in Jomtien needed a visa (run) agent to confirm what I explained him multiple times.

• Like 1