Pet from Thailand to UK for limited stay

The search isn't providing results, so apologies if this has been asked one thousand times before:

I am intending to go back to UK (my origin country) sometime next year with gf and a dog in tow.  I intend to stay for about 3 weeks or so while  I visit family, get new passport and holiday in Cornwall etc).  I'm told quarantine is 6 months so that doesn't work.  Is there anything I can do (shots, pet passport etc) so that the dog can travel with us for a few weeks before we return to Thailand? (It is a Thai dog in origin).

Any views appreciated.

Its not worth ut as far as i can remember there is no way round the quarantine period. For what is effectively a holiday its not worth taking the dog. Can you not leave him/her with friends for that period of times a lot less stressful for the dog and for you.

if i was in your shoes shiver,and 15yrs.younger yes i and mrs.meat and our beloved would love a PERMINANT holiday in the uk.

you must love your dog to have to go through all that.

It's only a 4 month old pup, so 6 months is more than a life sentence for it.  It's the missus that is attached to it (I'm feeling displaced, help!).  I keep telling it to get an ATM but it just looks at me with those eyes that defy what trouble making little sh1t it really is.  I can't even get some 'alone time' with GF without it wanting to jump all over us and thinks it's a game for all the family.

I guess UK can manage without me then.  Maybe I'll go with a friend and leave the pair of them here.  Would have been nice for her to experience life outside of Thailand though.  Neighbours would happily take care of the dog, just not sure GF could handle the time/distance.

The dog will be fine left hete with neighbours. Within 2 hrs itll be running around and forgoton you two. We leave our 3 with the MIL when we go away no problems at all. I wouldnt stop going on holiday and giving your mrs something she will always remember. Temember the first time i took mine in a febuary the look on her face when it started to snow the day we arrived was pricless.