Swiss Held In Squirt-gun Stick-up

george

Swiss held in squirt-gun stick-up

BANGKOK: -- A swiss man was arrested for attempting to rob a Family Mart in a Thung Mahamek neighbourhood yesterday with a squirt gun.

Thomas Aeschbacher, a 32-year-old Swiss national, was charged with robbery, according to Pol Lt-Colonel Danai Kimsungnoen, inspector for the Thung Mahamek precinct, and his deputy, Captain Subin Amsiri.

Employee Wichian Mo-in was making coffee in the back corner of the mini-mart when he heard his colleague at the cash register make a noise.

"I saw Thomas point a squirt gun at my colleague who was told to hand over all the cash. He walked over to pick up Bt500 more, for a total of Bt2,460, and ran out. I gave chase and snatched the cash in the bag from his hand with the help of Good Samaritans," Wichian, 25, said.

Kangwan Chuabandit, a taxi driver, was parking beneath the Chong Nonsee sky train station when he saw the man running from the store. He and nearby residents helped catch Aeschbacher.

The Swiss suspect tried to conceal the blue squirt gun in a plastic bag during the "stick-up", said Lieutenant Jakkraphong Nutphadung of Thung Mahamek police station.

When police arrived, a frightened Wichian was still clutching the bag and the blue squirt gun, Danai said.

--The Nation 2004-05-04

A group of

"Good Samaritans"

translation: a mob of Thai nationals probably beat the cr*p out of the guy! :o:D:D

I expect he was GLAD to see the brownshirts show-up! And so ends a short and illustreous career as "The Blue Squit Gun Bandit".

~WISteve

Based on the number of accidents and road deaths over many Songkran Holidays past, could this be considered assault with a deadly weapon, or attempted murder.?. I think Toxin should consider it~~at least he's still not begging for food :o !!

I would suggest that he was fortunate not to have been mistaken for a Muslim.

Had he been he would have almost certainly died in a hail of automatic weapon fire.

I might have to reconsider my decision regards buying a new Rolex too and go with Seiko or Citizen. Sounds as it the Swiss are losing it...........

Have just read about the Swiss stick up man,but in the discussion what do I read ,nothing but foul language,abuse about BG , thailadies and they are all ladies untill proven guilty,knocking of TEFL teacher's,old men being mocked or knocked (at 68 do I qualify for this sort of abuse?)thai wives,back packer's,as one letter said they are kid's learning about the world,I only wish I'd had the same chances at their age,leave them to it.I was taught as a young man that if you critsise any one make sure you are being constructive.My message to all you foul mouthed,abusive people get a life ,look around you and you will see good in the world yes even among the BGs. but the one thing you must do is GROW UP,foul language is only use by the ignorant.

.... and I always thought the Swiss were smart! :o

some peoples are born great with golden spoon and some are born to be poor

and some peoples are born to be good and some peoples are born to be bad.

This man will be punished by Law of Thailand.

Forgive him and hope that he will recover after this matter.

smart peoples in this world sometimes do stupid things like him but we do not kown why he does this?

May be you can enlighten Us ?

Thank you

Have just read about the Swiss stick up man,but in the discussion what do I read ,nothing but foul language,abuse about BG , thailadies and they are all ladies untill proven guilty,knocking of TEFL teacher's,old men being mocked or knocked (at 68 do I qualify for this sort of abuse?)thai wives,back packer's,as one letter said they are kid's learning about the world,I only wish I'd had the same chances at their age,leave them to it.I was taught as a young man that if you critsise any one make sure you are being constructive.My message to all you foul mouthed,abusive people get a life ,look around you and you will see good in the world yes even among the BGs. but the one thing you must do is GROW UP,foul language is only use by the ignorant.

Oh, dear.

Righto, List of Things to DO:

1. Grow Up

2. Get a Life

3. Stop using foul language

4. Be more constructive on forum,

etc

:o

Given the stupidity of the incident and the age of the guy i think I may have come across this guy before. A Swiss guy of a similar age , a junkie, has long been conning people into lending him money as he's been robbed and is waiting for funds to arrive from his Embassy. he used to try it with farangs but then found better pickings around Emporium from Thai females. Can't be that many Swiss down and outs in Bangkok, probably the same ######....

.... and I always thought the Swiss were smart!  :D

some peoples are born great with golden spoon and some are born to be poor

and some peoples are born to be good and some peoples are born to be bad.

This man will be punished by Law of Thailand.

Forgive him and hope that he will recover after this matter.

smart peoples in this world sometimes do stupid things like him but we do not kown why he does this?

May be you can enlighten Us ?

Thank you

Merely an obsevation my dear Wisdom, nothing to enlighten you on :o

I wonder if the squirty gun was one of those multi coloured songkran guns?? :o:D:D

This is just too funny. I love the bit about trying to conceal it when arrested. :D

Gotta be one of the daftest things iv'e heard all year.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm swiss and very proud of that we have our own terrorist now !

And he get's his 15 minutes of fame to :o

Wander how much he spend an (or what kind) dope before he get the guts to do such a brave heroic act :D

• 3 weeks later...