Thai Friend Wants Help Selling House And Land In Si Thep (south Of Petchaboon)

Hi.....a Thai friend of mine wants to sell her house and land. The house/land is located in Si Thep (south of Petchaboon). The area is very rural with lots of rice fields and mountains in the distance.

I need some good advice on how to best help her. I have already tried some real estate agencies, but they are not reaching the right people, or the market simply not good now.

I am currently living in China. If you know of a good real estate agency that specializes in rural land in central Thailand, please reply to this post and then email me the details.

Thanks. :o

JR Texas

...or the market simply not good now :o

Are you up to speed on all the issues relating to land ownership, since the governement announced back in May that they were going to enforce the laws relating to farang illegally 'owning' land via nominee companies?

If you are then you will appreciate why farang wont be rushing to buy this kind of property until all the mess is sorted out.

If not then it may be worth reading just some of the threads in this forum to appreciate the issues.

Other than that I cannot help you with a specific method to sell. sorry, but this may at least explain in part why the market in this sort of property isn't exactly 'buoyant' at the moment!

For what it is worth, there is supposed to be clarification of all this early in the new year - at least thats what we have ben told - so she may have a bit more luck then!

Merry Xmas

Edited by dsfbrit

Are you up to date on all the issues relating to land ownership, since the governement announced back in May that they were going to enforce the laws relating to farang illegally 'owning' land via nominee companies.

To Dsfbrit from JR Texas: Thank you for your quick reply.

I am not up-to-date on the rules. I left Thailand last September, mainly because of the insane :o anti-foreigner visa/business rules and regulations.

I do remember that, at least in the past, a foreigner could form a company with 51% Thai ownership? and then get a long term lease on a house in the company name? That is no longer an option?

Are you suggesting that the new rules make it virtually impossible for a foreigner to buy her house/land? I think she would also consider renting it, but I am not sure.

I do remember that, at least in the past, a foreigner could form a company with 51% Thai ownership?

Sadly, as soon as you mention 'company' and 'land ownership' and 'farang' you enter a whole World of grief.

I have such a company and 'own' land and it is 'illegal' - always has been we are constantly reminded by the 'I told you so' Brigade.

To explain all the subtleties of this would take a lot of time for those of us who have been following this debate word by painful word for the last 8 months.

However, we farang 'landowners' are wating to see what new rules the powers that be decide on in the New Year.

I cannot speak for the whole market, but where I live in Pattaya there are 6 houses on the market nearby - have been for months. Not an offer, from farang or Thai!

Please dont get me wrong it may be different where your friend lives, I hope so - good luck!

This may help a bit with some of the issues, but if you search this forum you will find lots of information on this.

http://www.property-report.com/archives.ph...6&date=0610

I do remember that, at least in the past, a foreigner could form a company with 51% Thai ownership?

Sadly, as soon as you mention 'company' and 'land ownership' and 'farang' you enter a whole World of grief.

I have such a company and 'own' land and it is 'illegal' - always has been we are constantly reminded by the 'I told you so' Brigade.

To explain all the subtleties of this would take a lot of time for those of us who have been following this debate word by painful word for the last 8 months.

However, we farang 'landowners' are wating to see what new rules the powers that be decide on in the New Year.

I cannot speak for the whole market, but where I live in Pattaya there are 6 houses on the market nearby - have been for months. Not an offer, from farang or Thai!

Please dont get me wrong it may be different where your friend lives, I hope so - good luck!

This may help a bit with some of the issues, but if you search this forum you will find lots of information on this.

http://www.property-report.com/archives.ph...6&date=0610

To Dsfbrit from JR Texas: Thank you for the information and insight into current market conditions.

Will THEY ever grasp the now well-established fact that prosperity does not come from uncertainty and a closed market economy. Or will it be mai pen rai until hel_l freezes over? :o

China is great, but I really miss the old Thailand.......it used to be a comfortable and easy place to live, and not just for the rich.

MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR (Year of the Pig) :D