Beer yoga is illegal warn Thai health officials

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mayo clinic disagrees with Dr. Petchmark,  indicating a number of health benefits from moderate consumption of alcohol. I doubt any alcoholics are going to take up yoga as a gambit to camouflage their habit.
Advertising? Is there only one brand of beer permitted in this new fad? A hard stretch, Doctor, IMO.
I expect the good doctor is a teetotaler, who would be happiest if he could ban beer sales absolutely.
Modern beer brewing dates back to 1933 in Thailand. Home brew appears to have been produced since much earlier times.
Finally, "mindful drinking" is a practice in several schools of  Buddhist practice.
My two cents worth on this pronouncement.

19 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

It's amusing how you can sell anything to people but whatever truly works, or really matters-they run away from. 

By the way just take the label off the bottles and there will be no advertising lol!!! 

Then what will the government say?????

Tampering with the evidence, conspiracy to commit a crime.... Etc. They will think of some way to make new fads as uncool as possible. Thais dont need fads. Just crappy dramas and submarines.

21 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

What's next?

Black Forest Cake Jiu-jitsu?

Bratwurst Meditation?

Vodka T'ai Chi?

Chilli con Carne Aerobics? 

Not sure but I think Currywurst, Pomme Fritte and Mayo could replace Bratwurst.

Washed down with Dortmunder Union for the working classes.

Just put the beer into an empty coke bottle. Drinking unhealthy sugar saturated drinks here is still legal here, even if is twice as bad as beer. I remember when Thailand used to be a fun place, what's happened ?

23 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I was trying to determine which beers were featured in the hands of the nubile ladies. A lot of the labels were unfamiliar, although I barely qualify as a real beer drinker since I enjoy a glass of Leo from time to time.

Drinking Leo confirms your lack of qualifications ?

On 5/2/2017 at 1:49 PM, lamyai3 said:

They've got to be kidding...  :saai:

Fraid not!

On 5/2/2017 at 1:47 PM, tracker1 said:

Seems it wont be to long and everything will be illegal for the people !

You noticed, the technology prison is slowly but surely closing in! :shock1:

If advertising alcohol is illegal in Thailand, why was I watching an ad for Heineken on the giant outdoor TV at Siam Paragon while standing waiting for a train?   Too obvious to be noticed, or selective enforcement again?

If advertising alcohol is illegal in Thailand, why was I watching an ad for Heineken on the giant outdoor TV at Siam Paragon while standing waiting for a train?   Too obvious to be noticed, or selective enforcement again?

They have adverts for Chang on the TV all the time but not a glimpse of beer, a bottle or even a glass !!
What's the point ?

Just go home and think about those shiny new subs.  Nothing done about slaughter on the roads, but they want to get rid of beer yoga, and street food.  Let's have a mandatory 1 year class on critical thinking!!