Kassa Chinese Toilets

westbounder

My English friend recommends Chinese toilets as they look sound and are much less expensive.

Compared to American Standard they look nicer and toilets seem to be pretty basic anyway.

The Thai Watsadu store here is selling a lot of them

Any advice?

Thank You.

To be clear, not every American Standard Toilet is made in Thailand. I own several  American Standard toilets, Champion model,  all made in China. Cotto Toilets are made in Thailand. Some Toto toilets are made in Thailand. Some of the Kohler Toilets are made in Thailand. Karat is a Thailand brand, owned by Kohler,  primarily made in Thailand. The complication with items made under contract in  China such as Kassa or Moya is the model number you buy in 2017 might be made at a different Chinese Sanitary ware maker in 2018 to different specs. Spare parts on Chinese "house brands" are a challenge. A real difference is apparent by making one phone call to the "service center' on any brand catalog. How long will  a service technician take to come to your province to fix a manufacturers defect?  Do they really have parts for your model in Thailand?  If you look at the cardboard box of a Kassa Toilet or Moya Chinese Toilet you can see the name of the Chinese sanitary ware company that made the actual toilet at HomePro or Thai Watsadu.  

Do they really have parts for your model in Thailand? 

Our toilet had a side plunger for flush. Linkeage inside broke. Went to Thai watsadu found a toilet with a side button looked inside , yes the same. 'Oh sorry we don't have any spares" 

Drove "across the road" to Boontavorn. Found toilet with side flush. Looked inside OK. "Sorry no spares"

Found a Kohler? Substitute. Ok I'll look in the side flush toilet to see if i can make it work. Oh Ah Ha. The toilets are outside on the other side of the cash point so can't do that!

3 or four trips back and forth later i bought it on "faith" . It works because I am clever not because they have spares. 

There is another thread somewhere about toilets. Get one with a wide shallow bowl not a narrow deep one. Unless one is a very good aim!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 10:19 AM, VocalNeal said:

There is another thread somewhere about toilets. Get one with a wide shallow bowl not a narrow deep one. Unless one is a very good aim!

With a stoma bag aim not that much of a factor but even before found (wash down) deep with low water level much better at flushing and not that great a challenge (the target area was full  bowl).  Although they are a bit noisy during flush if works will with undersized drains at ground level and no issues of water soaking when using the sitting position.   Cotto 12027 is model we use in two newest bathrooms (higher priced but work so much better).

HT1cIHPFLxbXXagOFbXK.jpg

I have two Moya (homepro brand) wc,s one fushes fine (top located flush button) first time every time, the other (side handle) leaves "floaters" and needs two or three flushes,any suggestions why please?

Don't believe anyone can answer as could be the toilets themselves(flush type), how installed, air vent, pipe size, path to septic tank, height above tank or even blockage from something in the bowl.  Is the water level high enough in the side flush unit (just below overflow line)?

On 11/05/2017 at 7:17 AM, lopburi3 said:

Don't believe anyone can answer as could be the toilets themselves(flush type), how installed, air vent, pipe size, path to septic tank, height above tank or even blockage from something in the bowl.  Is the water level high enough in the side flush unit (just below overflow line)?

Will check thanks :thumbsup: