Any ideas for a good car wash in Prawet district?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good car was around Prawet/Phattanakan/ On Nut soi 70 upwards (rather from Seacon) area? I've tried one so far next to my next to my new house and it wasn't very good + the wax work they offered was far too expensive. What I need is a long lasting hard waxing that I could get done a few times a year. I usually wash my car by myself but waxing I prefer to do at the car wash.

I used to go to Bavaria Car Wash around On Nut rd but it's gone so I need a new one close to my house. There I paid 550 for wash (in/out) + hard wax. Any ideas where I could find a reliable place for this price range?

No ideas?? Went to one small car was place close to my house on On Nut Rd. The wash outside/inside was 150 (same as I would usually pay). Not a great job as it was done by one guy in 20 min (the owner it seemed). I asked how much for a hard waxing. 1500 he said, what? What's the normal rate these days anyway. No way I'm paying that guy over 800 for a waxing. Well wouldn't go back to that one anyway so..

Get yourself some wax. I can recommend Autoglym HD Wax. You should be able to cover the whole car in much less than ten minutes. Leave it for fifteen minutes or so and then wipe off with a microfiber cloth. Takes less time to wipe off than to apply.

You can buy it here, but I get get someone to bring me a tin from the UK... A tin will last about three years but it will go a bit hard before that if it gets too warm. Nothing stays on long over here so you will need to re-apply every six weeks or so.

Here is an interesting article ...   http://www.performancemotorcare.com/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-car-wax-and-car-polish-and-why-it-matters/   

Well the point really was that I don't want to do it myself and that's why I'm looking for a decent car wash in my area. I have a back/neck problem so at least for now I can't wash nor wax my car. Thanks for the hint anyway, I would for sure be interested in doing it myself later on.

I never waxed my car here in Bangkok before but in my home country I did a hard wax myself a few times (in cold weather though) times and it took a long time to polish the hard wax off. Maybe that was a different kind of wax, I really don't know much about the topic. Of course something like you suggested, that is quick to apply and lasts for 6 weeks, I can do myself no problem.

My car hasn't been waxed for ages now so tomorrow I really want to find a place around here. I know a few but could you give me some idea what kind of prices I should be paying for a longer lasting wax at a car wash place?? I mean I used to pay was it 550b at Bavaria Car Wash (he used Meguiar's) and it seemed to last well. Now the guy next to my house said 1500b and the place doesn't even seem professional compared to Bavaria (that used to be at On Nut Rd).

Some ideas about the waxing prices in Bangkok would be appreciated so I know what's realistic these days? Of course I can drive around and look but I guess someone can just give me some idea here first.  

20 minutes ago, JoeW said:

iCar Studio Co.,Ltd is famous around the samutprakan area...but be ready to pay for it.

Ok that's not in my area. As I said I'll pay no more than 800b.

6 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Ok that's not in my area. As I said I'll pay no more than 800b.

Bring it around to my house ... washed, clayed and waxed ... change from 800thb ... not much though :smile: ... near CW immigration .................. 

• 2 weeks later...

So tried the Wash Addict on Phattanakan Road. Looks like a very professional place. Always expensive cars around, which is probably a bad sign in this case. Paid 450b for the wash, clean inside and wax. Sadly seems that they care just for the expensive cars. I even asked the owner if they clean the trunk and he said of course. Didn't even bother asking if he would clean and shine under the hood since that has always been done in every other car wash that I've been to (even if I just take a simple 150b wash).

End result looked normal from outside. Not a perfect clean but ok. Checked the trunk and still had leaves and sand. Under my seat still full of bits and peaces of trash. Next day I just looked under the hood for fun and found that it hadn't been cleaned at all. Well don't have to visit that place again then! 

56 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

So tried the Wash Addict on Phattanakan Road. Looks like a very professional place. Always expensive cars around, which is probably a bad sign in this case. Paid 450b for the wash, clean inside and wax. Sadly seems that they care just for the expensive cars. I even asked the owner if they clean the trunk and he said of course. Didn't even bother asking if he would clean and shine under the hood since that has always been done in every other car wash that I've been to (even if I just take a simple 150b wash).

End result looked normal from outside. Not a perfect clean but ok. Checked the trunk and still had leaves and sand. Under my seat still full of bits and peaces of trash. Next day I just looked under the hood for fun and found that it hadn't been cleaned at all. Well don't have to visit that place again then! 

You are in luck then ... you still have 350thb left from your budget... our maid does a very good job of hoovering ...she would do those areas and for the very reasonable price of 300thb. Even throw a bucket of soapy water over the engine for free ... there you are and you still have 50thb left for an ice cream ... bring it over CD :smile:  

Car wash places are very hit and miss in this country. Expensive doesn't automatically mean good. I could recommend half a dozen that are good today, but who's to say the don't go bad next week, which seems to be the case here. Remember most of the work that is done on your car is migrant labour with a Thai running the place and  collecting the money, but hey at 150 to 180 for a wash and vacuum you can't really complain. After my car has been washed I take it home and finish off the detailing myself.     

Sure no big deal actually I will just finish the detailing myself. I just really like when they clean and shine the engine area because that's the part I don't enjoy doing myself. Why I had to take it to a wash in the fist place is because I have an injured arm now so I can't do much myself. The only solid place so far that I've been to was that Bavaria Car Wash on On Nut Rd. There the owner checked the work well every time. I know they all use low paid foreign workers so the owner or manager has to always check the end result if they want to keep providing good service.