Cost to build a home in Nong Bua Lamphu

Google thai house build costs,a lot of info there.......I had a house built down south 2 years ago 120sq.mtres 2 bed 2 bath cost 1.3 million baht,paid builder for labour only bought materials ourselves,aircon was extra 25,000 baht.

123.JPG

I can't remember where Nong Bua is, but I'm currently building in Lamphun. Do you have the lot/land there? After you do the research petermik suggested, http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/ among other sites, you can contact me for a general contractor. We got 3 bids & settled on this guy. His subs do above average work (for standards within these borders).

At 70% completion I couldn't tell ya what we'll have into our build yet. I'm deeply involved & we're not going cheap. Definitely not over the top either. There's a lot of quality, communication & monetary variables.

Depending on how involved you are in the project will determine how much stress you have to suit up for.

If you're serious, the DIY forums here are loaded with invaluable knowledge! I'm grateful to several people here. 

Good luck

I can't remember where Nong Bua is, but I'm currently building in Lamphun. Do you have the lot/land there? After you do the research petermik suggested, http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/ among other sites, you can contact me for a general contractor. We got 3 bids & settled on this guy. His subs do above average work (for standards within these borders).
At 70% completion I couldn't tell ya what we'll have into our build yet. I'm deeply involved & we're not going cheap. Definitely not over the top either. There's a lot of quality, communication & monetary variables.
Depending on how involved you are in the project will determine how much stress you have to suit up for.
If you're serious, the DIY forums here are loaded with invaluable knowledge! I'm grateful to several people here. 
Good luck

Good info. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, parafareno said:

very very cute house, why you have a water tank? for garden?

In the foreground on the right you will see the well that supplies (pumped up to tank then gravity feeds) our house with water with a simple residue filter fitted......non drinking water of course :thumbsup: as the local government water is unreliable (I use this for watering the garden/washing the car) :whistling:

Two years ago I built a house in Udon Thani 2500 baht a square meter labor only built by my ex's relo's they have build on and off, fairly reasonable work but you need to be on site all day every day.  

DSC00576.JPG

Two years ago I built a house in Udon Thani 2500 baht a square meter labor only built by my ex's relo's they have build on and off, fairly reasonable work but you need to be on site all day every day.  
DSC00576.thumb.JPG.025d357e3a7068e31b5d8ee503e4c57a.JPG

I strongly echo the last line of this comment, it's imperative you're onsite all the time.

Even if you have little or no construction experience you will have common sense which is a rare commodity here...

Very hard to estimate costs you have build costs ,fit out costs ,land fill landscaping costs it soon starts addingup and can soon escalate out off control,,,,I paid a builder 300,000 bht to do concrete shell including walls,plastering  and roofon a 42m2 place,got somecthais in to do plasterboard ceiling and tiling and done most of the other stuff myself reckon it will come in around 500 to 600k fully completed and furnished.

Is my first build here and if you let builder supply everything they will always use the cheapest materials available.

Edited by taninthai