Non immigrant o visa

Hi all I just wish to ask a question regarding the non immigrant 0 visa based on retirement as i will be applying for this today or tomorrow and have received already a lot of valuable advice already from many members,,but the question I have is that I have planned a trip to vietnam on the 25 th of may until about the 7 th of June with my partner ,,a trip neeeded as I arrived in thailand visa exempt and needed an outgoing ticket as did she,,so the question is that will the non immigrant o visa still have validity if issued later this this month if I make this trip

the plan is to then convert the o visa into a retirement visa next with me having money in the bank

kind regards for any info on this subject 

Where are you applying for the non-o visa? 

From you previous posts it seems you will be doing application at immigration. You will get the visa and 90 entry stamp in about 15 days from the date you apply.

It seems you will have your 90 entry from the application when you make your trip later this month. You will need to get a single re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 day entry valid when return from your trip. 

You will not need a return or onward ticket since the re-entry permit is the same as having a visa for entry.

3 minutes ago, gojdthai2016 said:

Ok thankyou unbonjoe i will be applying at jomtien so,as you said it seems I will be ok but just need to get a single re entry also , while not needing an ongoing flight upon return

Correct

You could apply for the re-entry permit on the same day you get the visa and entry stamps.